Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried hooking up my new 9515g to my orion 2500d a couple days ago and somethings messed up.

It put out barely ANY power and most of the sound was focused on the higher Hertz range. I didn't get any response above lets say 50 hertz.

Amp had good grounding, a sub out interconnect hooked to it and was wired to 2 ohms which is an easily playable impedance for this amp.

The FETs all look fine so idk where to start looking for issues.

I took pictures of the guts so hopefully somebody can spot something wrong with it!!

Anybody see anything wrong?

PS: To anybody who is going to ask if i will sell it to them for $100 the answer is no.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Good luck I had a 2500 crap out on me and it cost a pretty penny to get fix, mine had similar problems. Contact ampjunkielikeme he fixed mine for me

·
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck I had a 2500 crap out on me and it cost a pretty penny to get fix, mine had similar problems. Contact ampjunkielikeme he fixed mine for me
How much did he do it for?

·
GOT AMPS ?
381 Posts
i cant remember what i charged. but those amps can be expensive to fix. especially if the outputs fail and the driver boards need to be rebuilt...

i dont see anything standing out in the pics.

·
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i cant remember what i charged. but those amps can be expensive to fix. especially if the outputs fail and the driver boards need to be rebuilt...

i dont see anything standing out in the pics.
Someone told me that the capacitors might have gone bad because of age. Could you help me locate them?

Also, are there any tests I can do to get a better idea of whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Your main caps kinda look swollen but check the outer legs on the fets with a ohm meter if any say ol the you have blown fets if you in the same heat sink the fets should have the same resistance. thats just what I was told and measured on amps before.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
On the bottom row of pics the 3rd from the left is the main caps All the other battery looking things that are black cylinders with the silver tops are caps for other reasons

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The right cap looks a little fat but it might just be the pic when caps swell they just round out a little bit the only way to check is to ohm it or check the farad reading by taking the board off.

·
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The right cap looks a little fat but it might just be the pic when caps swell they just round out a little bit the only way to check is to ohm it or check the farad reading by taking the board off.
do i check the ohms of th individual caps or the whole amp?

Same thing with the fet's I just check each one individually right?

Nothing LOOKS wrong with it. If the caps die of old age idk if there is any way to tell visually cause it's not like anything blew.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You can check the fets in the amp heres a fet /// check the outer legs the little heat sink determines the bank all the fets in that bank should have the same resistance reading in mega ohms.To check the caps they have to be checked with the board off the amp case on the bottom. the way you ohm check a cap is it charges and discharges so the reading in ohms will go something like this 1,2,3,4,5, ol 1,2,3,4,5, ol but your better checking a farad reading because when cap go bad they have three options 1 burst or explode or bubble 2 the don't have the right micro farad reading 3 It will have a possibility of 1&2. But even after all this trouble shooting you could also have bad resistors and or other circuitry find a local professional If no fets are bad. Or you can try to order the parts you think are bad from this site and try to solder them in make sure you read the part numbers Allied Electronics – Electronic Parts and Components Distributor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts