Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother has a kenwood kvt 512 flip out dvd player.

it has been in one of his cars now for 4 yr's or more..

he has not driven the car it was in ( dropped honda ) during the winter as we ac***ulated over a foot of snow..

a few days ago he goes to start the car and battery is dead.. no lights on in the car or anything at all came on..

so we jumped the battery from another car and it started right up after afew mins of charging..

when we got the car running the headunit started asking for a lock code..

it says " code set"

and he bought the car with the radio 4 yrs ago and has no clue of a code or how to even find the person that sold him the car.

i called kenwood tech dept, and they said there is no master unlock code for the model kenwood kvt 512 and that i would have to pay $75 and send it to a service center to have it unlocked..

i looked online and seen kenwood had a universal unlock code said to be
"kcar" or in numeric code "5227" i tried it and nothing..

i was then told i need to enter "5227" using a remote and not the touch screen in order for the "kcar" code to work.. remote is $34..

does anybody no a way to remove the lock code.. even if it means opening the radio and doing it my self..?

thanks

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I had the same hu, but it never had a code set, and i bought it used.
but sounds like ya have to spend the loot to unlock it man

i ggoled a bit and kcar should work man with a remote

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a kenwood remote,buts its not the orioginal one to the radio, and will not enter any numbers in for the code. so i dont no if i need the original model remote or what.

i tried kcar ( 5227 ) i tried 3051 which is another kenwood universal unlock code.

its getting me a lil p'd off..lol..

any more help would be greatly appericate it, thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
had a similar issue i never got it unlocked those codes are ment to be used by the credit card style remote

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
a lock code? are u kidding me ....sounds like a way for kenwood to make some extra $$$

Many company's implement locking codes to deter theft, and it works, a big drop in head unit thefts over the past 10 years or so.

There is nothing silly about it, I like knowing when people see my nice shiny kenwood, they also know it's worthless without my code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many company's implement locking codes to deter theft, and it works, a big drop in head unit thefts over the past 10 years or so.

There is nothing silly about it, I like knowing when people see my nice shiny kenwood, they also know it's worthless without my code.
So is it somebody pattern code ? I got a kenwood kvt-512 and there's a pattern the person that sold it to me is in jail so how could I reset it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts