Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im surprised a little at the fact that they never have came out with neo alternators. But im guessing there is limitations as to building these including trying to machine a alternator but the sub neo mags seem like there easily machined. but if this is possible then im assuming the amp output of these alts could be pretty immense and the weight of them also could be reduced. but since there is no neo alternators out there or maybe there is what would be the limitations be causing them to not be produced even though in the car audio world neo sub woofers are becoming more and more popular.

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would imagine heat would be an issue here.
Heat would not be an issue if you were one that was thinking very well and used liquid cooling either from the engines water pump or a seperate tank and radiator just for the alt to keep it cool which you can do now to most H/O alternators to expand there life span

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
itsa good idea...i dk how it would work tho...also, ud be lookin at over $1 for a 300a alt...thatll blow
Over 1 doller for an 300a alternator? it may be actually cheaper because the company can ship a bigger load of neo material at a the cost of less material for ferrite or ceramic material

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SO production cost would be less and shipping for the material and to the customer would be less.

EDIT the production cost may be less depending on the material of the neo material

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
Heat would not be an issue if you were one that was thinking very well and used liquid cooling either from the engines water pump or a seperate tank and radiator just for the alt to keep it cool which you can do now to most H/O alternators to expand there life span
Are you serious! I want some of what you are on. A system like this would be impratical in anything other then a dedicated SPL vehicle.
But it won't happen. NEO is too suseptable to heat degradation the even with a cooling system it wouldn't be pratical.

7,882 Posts
thats about right, $1k, but really water cooling your alt? thats gotta be another what? 200-250 dollars more. so now youre looking at 1200? i would rather just buy 2 300 amp alts for that price.

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you serious! I want some of what you are on. A system like this would be impratical in anything other then a dedicated SPL vehicle.
But it won't happen. NEO is too suseptable to heat degradation the even with a cooling system it wouldn't be pratical.
GM idk how long ago tried liquid cooling on some of there alt's and some alts today use it and it drasticaly reduced the alternators temp and increased power output. so i am not on nothing i am only trying to see through this. With the degration of Neo material it seems again that you could reduce this problem by reducing heat through liquid cooling some how or another.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The ? Was for me not understanding no where in my alt are there any magnets the magnetic field was created by the rotor spinning inside the stator ?

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats about right, $1k, but really water cooling your alt? thats gotta be another what? 200-250 dollars more. so now youre looking at 1200? i would rather just buy 2 300 amp alts for that price.
Alright Fi is an excelent Example of my theory on this all. There subs are about the same price on there Neo subs. There not jacked up too the 1000 doller range. so this makes me wonder if its possible in alts without ripping you a new one. Now liquid cooling on alternators would not run you another 200 to 250 unlesss your buying golden parts. it requires some copper tubing and or a jacket like around the alternator. Even the casing can act as a cooling case just like a cylinder jacket can.

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ? Was for me not understanding no where in my alt are there any magnets the magnetic field was created by the rotor spinning inside the stator ?
Exactly i think i get what your saying a general ceramic or ferrite magnet does create a field but if you use a neo the magnetic field gets that much more stronger and produces more amp's

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there is no real reason to say im on drugs. the only real thing to say is argue with me and throw out what you think

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
idk how much water cooling costs, so idk prices. but if water cooling is cheap enough why dont more people have it?
I wonder the same thing if production cost is too much or the material is too much. Meh id design a alternator with neo mag's if i had the knowledge and machine a jacket. this also requires a lathe of course.

·
Thredz lik Ur Mom- VIRAL!
14,427 Posts
the shipping difference in weight does not outweigh the cost of the actual neo.

watercoolin isnt too crazy, just hook up to radiator but still... idk what kind of temptatures it would keep it to... doesnt sounds very smart for a daily driver regardless.

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the shipping difference in weight does not outweigh the cost of the actual neo.

watercoolin isnt too crazy, just hook up to radiator but still... idk what kind of temptatures it would keep it to... doesnt sounds very smart for a daily driver regardless.
Well it does sound smart for daily driver if your really enjoying your loud bass and music and your working that alternator. The only thing that can go wrong is if it produces a leak and ruin's your alternator. Even then your alternator can really be ruined by liquid since it was designed to fight the elements. But you would have to probably pull it apart and clean it up and what not.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts