Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since i figured out how to turn my sub output on in my deck lol, the sub isnt as loud as before.

Do i need like a eq or something?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my hu has front rear and sub rca outputs.

i had the sub hooked to the rear rca cause i couldnt figure out how to turn on the sub rca.
now that i have the sub rca output on, i swapped my rcas to the correct spots. now the sub is not as loud as before

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
measure you front/rear rca outputs with a dmm, see if they have the same output voltage as your sub out.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
my hu has front rear and sub rca outputs.

i had the sub hooked to the rear rca cause i couldnt figure out how to turn on the sub rca.
now that i have the sub rca output on, i swapped my rcas to the correct spots. now the sub is not as loud as before

check the sub level on your head unit. See what level it's set it, it might be turned all the way down... also check your crossover points. See what crossover frequency it is using. Also, turn off the low-pass crossover on your amplifier since you are now using one in your head unit

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok will check that, i know the sub level is up

also i tried to check voltage and the dmm reads nothing. am i doing it wrong?
set the meter to volts, and one prob on the center of the rca and on one the ground of the rca.
had music on also and still nothing

·
TC WHORE
2,110 Posts
Dmm is prolly not on the right setting keep clicking the dial in the voltage section or turning the dial in the voltage section till u get the right one ull know

·
Redkneck mechanic
2,732 Posts
ok will check that, i know the sub level is up

also i tried to check voltage and the dmm reads nothing. am i doing it wrong?
set the meter to volts, and one prob on the center of the rca and on one the ground of the rca.
had music on also and still nothing
Did u have it set to ac or dc voltage?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tried all settings and only got a ohm reading at 200k at 78.8

can someone call me lol im prob doing something wrong lol if ya will ill pm ya my number

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
ac voltage and play a str8 tone

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill try and see
heres my number if anyone wants to call tired of running in and out of the house lol
574 three77 one29six

1 - 17 of 17 Posts