Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is a little out of the ordinary but my dad being a landscape architect has done business with alot of clients over the years and found me a little project to work on. One of his clients is looking for someone to build some planters for handicapped people to place downtown so people in wheelchairs are able to garden. This is the first test run that I am building and if the contractors like it then i will be building 8 of them to place downtown. This one is being made out of treated pine and some composite deck wood. The final ones, if I am the one making them, will most likely be either fully made out of the composite or a nice cedar wood.

Didnt get alot done today but i should be able to finish it before the end of the weekend.

here is a picture of what the final product is supposed to look like

the pine

the screws

bolts to hold the frame together

and the family :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got some more done, just taking a small break to post some pics

this is the small shelf that it being assembled. ran out of screws but both sides will look the same.

·
Idk what Im talking about
8,346 Posts
Looks well-built, nice.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both of the shelves are on just have to do a run of composite wood to finish it off. next will be the legs and this thing is already really heavy.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
This is lookin great man

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it mostly finished today. just gotta do the final trim piece for the top.

legs:

the standard wheelchair access clearance is 26"

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Very nice work. Wish i could be that neat with my projects:)
Also a very nice thing to put on a resume that you built planter boxes for the handicapped in your spare time:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
Nice work!

I specifically like the diagonal braces for the legs and the gussets on the sides.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the replies guys! i really spent a while on it. wish i had my router then i could clean up some of the edges that are splintering a little.

ill get a couple more pics tomorrow when its light outside. the trim panels are done now out of the composite wood. im pretty proud of it :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
You did good man, my dad would have loved this (he is dead now) but he was wheel chair bound and loved to garden, he usually watched me do it for him lol god he loved to tell me what to do, at least it helped him pass the time. This makes me want to do something for our local people and even the shepard spinal center here in atl ga, it really sucks to be stuck in a chair all day with just t.v. to watch.

·
mega fatty
6,008 Posts
nice work if you get to do them you know how much you get paid?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry guys its been a while since ive updated with fully furnished pics but i should get them up in the next 2 days. bish is HEAVY. thanks for all the comments! much appreciated. and my dad is trying to work out a price with these people to see if they want to hire me to build or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts