Car Audio Classifieds! banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
you do love that efficient word! and who stated these were rewound alts to my knowledge db and from what i read powerbastards are not.
i wasnt saying they are but i was talking about other companies that do it

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
well I just bought it. Deal was to good to pass up
good make sure you give us all a review and some videos of the alt being tested to see what kind of power it actually puts out.

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
good make sure you give us all a review and some videos of the alt being tested to see what kind of power it actually puts out.
this would be nice
=]

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
lol for morris no.

jk morris is a good guy but he dont work on low budgets!
sorry no i dont work well with budgets.
probably explains the $2000 i just put into the 5200s

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
gl. remember with alts you get what you pay for.

sleepy is been running his DC alt for almost a year in his envoy. no problems. he had nothing but problems with meangreen

·
Registered
14 Posts
GP Audio does alot of things right. They for the most part have great quality products and accessories. I have bought a ton from them over the years, but STAY AWAY FROM GPs ALTS!!

I just sold a Hyundai Santa Fe that GP sold me an ALT for. My Singer 300 amp was old and reading high voltage at idle. So it was time for a new one. Little Food for thought. Anytime you install an HO alt make sure all of your batteries are completely and freshly charged and always upgrade your big3 if its been a yr or more. If your dont have the big3 do it. With any HO alt always use OFC never CCA. Anything over 150amps use 1/0. Anyway I had spent so much money on this Hyundai. New Dual Oversized 1/0 OFC EVERY WHERE that alone was over 1k!! 2 New Big ass NorthStars with Northstar Terminals on both and a new Yellotop new style up front. Daul 1/0 Big 3. I was running 2 Sundown Zv3 18d2s on a Saz4500. I have had this setup at .5ohm daily driver for years. On this Singer alt and 3 Deka Intimador 9a31s and 1 9a34 up front. I love these batteries they are bullet proof!! Anyway No issues!! I love Sundown too, Jacob builds his subs and amps to last!! I was on his Team Years Ago when I 1st bought The Zs and Saz4500. Dynomat and Spray on Bedliner internally spent an arm and a leg on the dynomat alone. After years of not having good mids and high finally put 2 sets of JL C5 6.5s in front and back on an IA 400.4 sounded so clean!! New black paint with a lavender pearl. Looked awesome! Had some cheap but nice black wheels from Discount Tires that I had just spent 1k but had those painted by the same shop to match. It all looked and sounded good!! I have been doing this longer that I'm sure a lot of you guys have been alive. Worked in numerous shops over the years. I have install so many HO Alts. Done so many what is now called Big3 installs over the years. Never seen anything happen like this before. We were finishing up and connecting the terminal to the battery when the battery starts arching and welded the effing positive to the positive term. I heard this big ass pop come from the alt and a little fire 🔥 going on. The car wasn't running!! Finally I just cut both of my positive terminals from the cable that ran from the alt to battery. Like I said they were welded on. It was a mess!! My buddy put out the fire right away. So many of the engines wires were melted. After we had replaced the alt with a cheap powerbastards. 250amp and tried to start my car got nothing. The front battery had expanded to the point where I was surprised it didn't blow and kill me! It was bad!! No shit like this has ever happened to me before. Anyway I spent almost 7 thousand to replace all of the batteries, engine wire harness, all of the OFC, new alt, new ecu, a ton of fuses, I was no longer on Team Sundown and even with fuses on both the terminals on front battery and rear batteries going the amp positive. They all blew and it blew the amp too smoking like the alternator was after we put out the fire. I KNOW, IKNOW. I should've never had the fuses in in the 1st place. I am human though I make mistakes too. Anyway we took the alternator to a place that bench tests them here. He asked me not to get him involved so I would mention his name or His Bus. Name. After I found out the alt that I had just spent 700.00 on from GP was at fault for all of this. I was pissed and talking about sueing them. I was going to have to spend all of this money just to get my car up to running again not to mention the front battery almost killed me!! Anyway when he opened it up all of the internals were crush in and stuffed into the case. He said it failed because they were grounded!! He said they tried to stuff more into it than it would hold. So eff GPs Alts. I now have any Alternator Bench tested before I Install them. By the way That Hyundai never ran right after that. Still had electrical problems. Probably eff'd up a bunch of sensors. I know I had to replace a ton of fuses. We kept tinkering with it until I finally just gave up and bought something else. Now I'm starting all over again and it sucks!! I didn't get but 4k for it after spending all that money on paint, body, new harness, ecu, a ton of fuses, and sensors plus all that time I missed from work doing all of this stuff!! I learned a hard lesson but I will always bench test alts before installing them. As For GP I tried emailing and calling over and over and over and those p_$$!;$ kept telling someone for tech support would call me and never did! I didn't even get a refund for the bad alt. After spending all of this money. I should've just took everything out and took it to the junk yard. Please let my mistakes be a lesson for you!! Always Bench your new alts before installing them!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts