Car Audio Classifieds! banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this used off a guy on CA. He said it worked fine and I beleive him. Anyways I got it a couple days ago and I go to hook it up today and something isnt right. Im not getting hardly anything from the amp. I had to turn the gain all the way up,bass boost all the way up to get my sub barely moving. Now I know my wiring and RCAs,HU are good b/c I just had my JBL amp in there and it was fine. I dont have the bass knob/remote for the AQ amp,do you think thats why its not working right? I had an MB Quart amp that had to have the remote hooked up for it to work right and the Epicenter is the same way. Or do you think something is wrong with the amp itself? I dont know what it could be.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
sounds like a wiring issue to me....

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well on the AQ it has two - and two + Ive had amps like this before and it didnt matter which 2 you used,is this different with the AQ does it matter which two speaker inputs you use? I have the sub wired to 1ohm and then in to the spearker inputs.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
What sub? You are running 4 gauge power and ground correct? What is the LPF and SSF set to on the amp?

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What sub? You are running 4 gauge power and ground correct? What is the LPF and SSF set to on the amp?
Yes 4ga. but it is only that KLMX KNU stuff,with the 80amp fuse. I dont know if that matters? SSF is around 25ish and LPF is around 80ish

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and the sub is a 15" AA Havoc

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Def sounds like a loose wiring connection, it could be the amp, but to make sure, redo your wiring. If nothing changes, try and reinstall the JBL and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, than 99% something is wrong with the amp itself or the settings on the amp.

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found something weird out. With the ignition off I probe the speaker inputs with a DMM and I get 1.2ohms,thats normal,I turn the ignition on amp comes on and i get -.51ohms on the DMM? WTF

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I just found the problem. What is this and how much to fix it AQ?

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NVM I thought that was something burnt but its not.

·
Plays With Fire
10,067 Posts
i was getting ready to say that i didn't think that was it. when a fet goes there is almost allways a huge dark spot on the board in that area and you could smell it.

·
Digital Designs FTW!
1,227 Posts
With the truck on there is ac voltage coming out of the amp....hard to test the ohm load with the amp on....just a fyi....turn the x over up and make sure its on master.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Did you have the remote gain hooked up? when i first started to set the gains on my 1200 i had the remote plugged in but all the way down and was like WTF!!! lol.

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have the remote gain hooked up? when i first started to set the gains on my 1200 i had the remote plugged in but all the way down and was like WTF!!! lol.
Amp did not come with the remote. I dont know maybe I was expecting more out of the AQ? I cant see anything wrong with it but to me it just sounds "cheap" if you know what I mean.

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im about to just say F-it and take a loss and try to sell it as is,and if nothing really is wrong with it oh well. Im getting kinda tired of thinking about it. Im very very unhappy with this amp if there really isnt anything wrong with it.​

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Something is def wrong with the amp itself or a wiring issue. The Aq1200 is a really good amp from my past experiences.

·
Cereal Killer
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea I guess I got screwed on this amp. The guy selling it said he had 2 AQ 1200s strapped on a HD3 and one day one of the 1200s just went in to protect and he said this one was still fine. You think since they were strapped the one that went in to protect somehow messed with this one too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.