Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

For starters I’m new here to the forum.

I’ve messed around with car audio for years but haven’t gotten really into it. I just purchased a 2018 Ram Mega Cab and I want to put a good quality system in it. Nothing that will rattle the doors off. I know there are plenty of options to choose from and can get very pricey but I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions? I do believe that the doors come stock with 6x9s and there are already tweeters in the corners of the dash but I’m curious. Should I stick with 6x9s or grab a set of component 6 1/2s in the front and keep a coaxial setup in the rear doors?

Just need some good ideas of what performs well.

The plan is to keep the stock headunit. I love the non flashy look. The sleeper look.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can fit a nice ported box behind the seat , esp if you remove the storage bin, you will need subs with a mounting depth of less then 7.5 inches, , a 3 way front stage is ideal having 3 inch dash 6.5 component sets in front doors 6x9 coax in back

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can fit a nice ported box behind the seat , esp if you remove the storage bin, you will need subs with a mounting depth of less then 7.5 inches, , a 3 way front stage is ideal having 3 inch dash 6.5 component sets in front doors 6x9 coax in back

This is your setup then? What made you decide to utilize the space behind the rear seat rather than the space that’s underneath the rear seats. I’m just curious. I appreciate the pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot more space behind the seat and sounds better then underwear box , also would lose lay flat function ,

The mega cab has just dead space underneath. No functionality down there. Behind the seat I have stow away bins. Which I utilize. There’s nothing going on under the seat.

2 10s in a ported box should give me more than enough bass though wouldn’t it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been trying combinations of things for years . Only thing I can tell you is that don’t keep the stock head unit . It will always sound like crap because your speakers don’t put out a full range signal. That bein said it is a challenging job replacing the head unit but it can be done and you will be thankful in the long run. I recommend the jl audio stealth box with 10 in w’6’s in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had these two neat little Fostex FE126en drivers mounted in a quickly and poorly built enclosure, the standard bass reflex enclosure recommend by Fostex.

Now that I'm employed in a company where i have infi omegle nite access to scraps of plywood in all sizes AND high tech machines to cut them in any size or angle, i want to build the more advanced back loaded horn enclosure that's also recommend by them.

I'm just wondering how I'd add a tweeter to this setup once it's done? Some Fostex drivers have a (fostex) tweeter recommendation, but these don't. How would one go about this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You'll be much happier replacing the head unit. I've got two 12s and three helix amps behind back seat and I'm very happy. Talk to a shop and they should give you some really good ideas. Only limitation is your budget
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire
Laundry room Clothes dryer Washing machine Automotive tire Audio equipment
Audio equipment Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory Loudspeaker Cassette deck
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts