Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One sub is in excellent condition, the other has a dead coil. Main concern is trying to lower the Fs of the subs to ~30hz. Subs are fine stock besides the Fs for my application, if you can do this and let me know whats all needed that'll be dandy lol.

Woofer Brand: T3 Audio

Impedance: Dual 4

Size: 10"

Model: TSS

Photo: See Bottom

How much power does it need to handle?
1,000 rms each

The enclosure size or vehicle you'll use it in?
Ported, ~1.75 cubes per sub

The type of music that you'll listen to with it?
Southern Rap, Chopped/Screwed, R&B

Will you be competing with it? Competitions only?
No, just daily jammin'

Any special colors?

No

Upgrades of any sort? Direct leads, carbon fiber dustcap?

ummm, depends on what is needed to possibly lower the Fs of the stock speaker ( stock = 38 Hz) trying to get the Fs down to about 30 Hz :dontknow:

Any budget in mind?
The cheaper the better lol.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I have Funky Pup dustcaps lol, if you could make them work with these woofers let me know

·
Vendor
4,041 Posts
We have parts to work with the TSS motor, but man... that basket SUCKS. It only uses a 7" spider, whic is horrible for what you're trying to accomplish.

IMO, the only way to make what you want would be to get rid of those stock baskets, swap to something like a 12 spoke basket, them go from there.

You'd be in the $140 range per sub...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have any baskets to work with it, then I'll just let you do whatever you need to get it done!

·
Vendor
4,041 Posts
If you would like to send your speaker(s) to us, please print this entire conversation and send it with them.
Ship to:
FixMySpeaker
1386 Rader Creek Road
Sarah, MS 38665

Once the repairs are completed, we will send you a link via email to our website, where you can pay for the order.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Dave, got a question.

What kind of subwoofer can you make with 1 of these motors?

I'm asking because I'm considering doing a single sub setup 10", 12" or 15" if it can be built off of one of my motors and handle my AP1800 amp (1800rms @ 1ohm) and about how much would that cost?

I'd rather it be a 10" or 12" for space but you know whats best lol

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
I built some of these up with a pole plug (plastic style; which Dave has some like it in stock) and it really made the sub cool alot better... we performed the "high school student" scientific test. He blew the sub to pieces thermally with no plug... we re-coned with with a plug and it's all good now :)

Dave could make a nice woofer out of the motors.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Hey 350z, if you are just gonna have one rebuilt and wanna get rid of the other let me know. I shipped my TSS motor to PSI last week, would love to have a pair of them ;p

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I was going to run both in my car but wanted to see what Dave could build 1 into for me so I could go with a more simple looking setup in the trunk and still get loud.

So I'm just waiting on the Subwoofer Lord To Bless Me :D

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Yours is here! :thumbsup:
Nice, hope it made it in one piece, I packed the heck out of that thing the best I could, then used a ton of packing tape and just spun the box around and around with it lol. Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts