Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a box suggestion for a reconed 12" shocker Super extreme. The recone was made by Fix My Speaker (PSI), but I can't get any specs for them ( don't reply to any emails). I just purchased a DATS v3 tester and tested the sub, but not sure if the prameters that were calculated are 100% correct. I would like to put the sub in a 1 - 1.25 FT ^3 seal box if possible. I am not looking for all SPL, more SQ now but I already gave it. The sub has dual 4 Ohm coils that will be ran in paraellel with a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd amp. I have attached a couple of Pics. The parameters form the DATS tester are as follows:

Piston Diameter = 254 mm
f(s)= 42.09 Hz
R(e)= 2.076 Ohms
Z(max)= 13.43 Ohms
Q(ms)= 5.542
Q(es)= 1.013
Q(ts)= 0.8566
V(as)= 25.99 liters (0.918 cubic feet)
L(e)= 1.009 mH
n(0)= 0.1824 %
SPL= 84.71 1W/1m
M(ms)= 198.3 grams
C(ms)= 0.072 mm/N
BL= 10.37
K(r)= 0.04862
X(r)= 0.5353
K(i)= 0.005895
X(i)= 0.7634
Thank for any help!

Automotive tire Cookware and bakeware Audio equipment Bumper Gas
Camera accessory Bumper Gas Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could do 2.5cft sealed assuming xmax is around 20mm on 1000rms. But you most likely will lose response below 35hz. I would try to find out what coil he used or winding height of it at least....Based on motor size xmax is probably at least 20mm but could be less or even more...who knows. Have you put free air power to it to see if it bottoms out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks nate for the reply. I can only afford a max of 1.5cft with all the other equipment in my trunk. do you think the spec that the DATS is giving me look correct? First time using a tester. I have tried to get the specs from him, but he never replies back. If I put it in the 1.5cft with my 1500 watt amp what do you think it will do, how low and SPL? Or would it kill it.
I have not put free air power to it. How would I do that?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks nate for the reply. I can only afford a max of 1.5cft with all the other equipment in my trunk. do you think the spec that the DATS is giving me look correct? First time using a tester. I have tried to get the specs from him, but he never replies back. If I put it in the 1.5cft with my 1500 watt amp what do you think it will do, how low and SPL? Or would it kill it.
I have not put free air power to it. How would I do that?
Thanks for the help.
In my experience with DATS V3 it is very accurate as far as Fs Q and Re. Vas Bl Efficiency and SPL rating 1w1m depend a lot on your method of adding mass. There is an obvious margin of error there with regards to the mass you calculate and how you apply it to the woofer, but DATS will do its best to give you results based on what you can put into it.

Like I stated assuming the specs are accurate 2.5cft is the least I would go with to get close to 35hz response decently. However in your vehicle it could do good enough with 1.5cft. Have you ever used Winisd? In 1.5cft you will be dropping off after 40hz most likely. I never gauge spl from winisd. I only use winisd for projected response and cone excursion (xmax) predictions)

·
Registered
13 Posts
In my experience with DATS V3 it is very accurate as far as Fs Q and Re. Vas Bl Efficiency and SPL rating 1w1m depend a lot on your method of adding mass. There is an obvious margin of error there with regards to the mass you calculate and how you apply it to the woofer, but DATS will do its best to give you results based on what you can put into it.

Like I stated assuming the specs are accurate 2.5cft is the least I would go with to get close to 35hz response decently. However in your vehicle it could do good enough with 1.5cft. Have you ever used Winisd? In 1.5cft you will be dropping off after 40hz most likely. I never gauge spl from winisd. I only use winisd for projected response and cone excursion (xmax) predictions)
You have to take what I say as a biased opinion too. Because what looks and sounds good to me is irrelevant. That is the beauty of sound / audio etc. You will choose what sounds and or looks best for yourself in the end....unless you are trying to compete or impress someone then you are at the mercy of rules or others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for the missed spelled intro Reply I was using auto-text also I'm bbskustom on Instagram.
BB Fontenot/ BB Customs on Snapchat.
Please address the topic as sub enclosure. Then when I get that reply from you I'll send you my cell phone number then we can text back and forth that way easier. Looking forward to making your ears happy holla!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Last few are my 4 12 hairtrick demo car ... that I didn't bill for FPL that I was bet that I couldn't make 4 12 to do big hair tricks. I have an output audio 7900.1 running them at 2 ohm it's only doing 3800 W on it it came out impressive on the decimal side 2 plans are tubes remove and replace stubs to dual two of them to run the amplifier tomorrow get to 48 grand out of it and I know we can get them 154 ranges 1136 Hart Street that's amazing by any feet like I said I've been doing this since pretty much the stuff started in the eighties and got popular . Oh I attended install Institute in 1991 for basic and all that that fabrication classes I do competition sdl sound quality competition which is my favorite like I said you my email BB Kustoms 73 at Gmail emails me all I love helping anybody I'm going to post my link to my business photos Google account that I share one that comes to this post and browse and look at them my business number don't some of the pictures I am in Delhi Louisiana. I can make little competition spal whatever we want vehicle a winning vehicle! deuces!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last few are my 4 12 hairtrick demo car ... that I didn't bill for FPL that I was bet that I couldn't make 4 12 to do big hair tricks. I have an output audio 7900.1 running them at 2 ohm it's only doing 3800 W on it it came out impressive on the decimal side 2 plans are tubes remove and replace stubs to dual two of them to run the amplifier tomorrow get to 48 grand out of it and I know we can get them 154 ranges 1136 Hart Street that's amazing by any feet like I said I've been doing this since pretty much the stuff started in the eighties and got popular . Oh I attended install Institute in 1991 for basic and all that that fabrication classes I do competition sdl sound quality competition which is my favorite like I said you my email BB Kustoms 73 at Gmail emails me all I love helping anybody I'm going to post my link to my business photos Google account that I share one that comes to this post and browse and look at them my business number don't some of the pictures I am in Delhi Louisiana. I can make little competition spal whatever we want vehicle a winning vehicle! deuces!
Am building my car into a quasi bandpass for 2 18s, or for now I am. Was going to perhaps change it to 4 12s or 6 12s if I could fit that many, but it is a 4 door sedan and since I move at a slugs pace I barely have the roof almost done. Anyways your square port quasi 6th order is similar to what I am aiming for except the mouth or my rectangle port will run along the back wall at slightly less than 80 degrees I hope. I still need to add a lot more wood before I can even think about port dimensions but your pics give me hope that I will get there one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts