Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know a lot of people on here at sundown enthusiasts. I myself have used nothing but rockford amps, and am a little nervous about venturing away from them. Not because of anything inparticular, just haven't done it yet and I'm newer to car audio. I've read a few things about the versatility of the sundown amps. Curious to know if anyone has handson experience with them each and which one sounds better as well as the output. I know both are extremely under rated, and powerhouses for sure. I'm not sure if the RF is .5 ohm stable, which the SA1500 is. :dontknow: and really I'm just kinda looking for something that is going to last me a while. just would like some input/feedback/guidance

·
Registered
395 Posts
i say go for the sa rockfords do put out alot of power like almost 2k from the 1500s but the sa u will have more versitality because i can be ran at .5 :thumbsup:

·
mega fatty
6,008 Posts
Are you selling the rf to get the sa?
I wouldn't lose money to swap to the sa because both are great amps and I would rather get a 2000 or 2500d rather then swapping amps to run at .5ohm

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hi there,

This is my impression of RF amps.

RF amps are like old school V8 NA muscle Cars. full of grunt and power.

The sundown amps will be like modern day turbo charger/ super charged cars, lots of power as well.

but the feel is " slightly" different.

I would say, go for the Sundowns, like the guy above said, its more versatile :)

and jacob is a great guy!

·
mega fatty
6,008 Posts
Jacob is a great guy to deal with I just don't see the benefit in swapping amps to maybe use .5ohm some day, if he is wired to 1 ohm now he will probably have to recone to get .5 and then why not just get a amp for 2 ohm power

I say stick with the rf unless you want to upgrade to a larger amp, then sundown is a great option to go with ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea like I am upgrading. I have a 1001bd that I blew :( I'm Soooooo bitter btw....so its either like spend 80-120 to get it repaired, or upgrade to something that put out like 2000-2500 like either one of the 2 mentioned amps can do....and I'm really not that interested in doing .5ohm to be completely honest, plus the footprint on sundown is a little bigger....I dunno I just see all these people reppin sundown hard and think I might be missing out on something, but then again some people just like to support the local guy, kinda like shopping at a farmers market instead of a mainstrem grocery store I guess....keep the posts coming though

sent from my old ass EVO using el tapo-taco

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What's your budget? I have ideas for alternatives if you're willing to step away from these two brands and try something different...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm open man just shoot your ideas out there

sent from my old ass EVO using el tapo-taco

1 - 8 of 8 Posts