Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Its been ages Since Ive been here, but I finally got my system together and working. :D

But I have a few questions.
Back when I was stupid, I of course bought the wrong item. I wanted to run my subs off my amp at 4 ohmns (The amp can do 2x200 At 4ohmns bridged).
Of course, I bought Dual Voice Coil 4 ohmn subs >_<

I hooked the subs up to 1 channel each, and they get loud enough for me (100watts each), but Id like more headroom. WOuld It be safe to try running the amp at 1 ohmn? The subs I have (Mq Quart RE204's) Seem to distort a bit, and I think its due to the amp distorting at higher volumes.

Heres my amp
Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DSC450 200 Watt A/B Class 4-Channel Amplifier: Electronics

·
is strung out on QUAD
438 Posts
why woould you want to make the anp do 1 ohm??? if its a 4 ch amp try it 2 ch mode @ 2 ohms and see if it likes it... i doubt i would but u might get lucky. if u try 2 ohms a side fuse the amp less to save it i/e if it has 2 20s in it put 2 15s in it>>which means instead of fusing it @ 40a ud be fusing it @ 30a to prevent the amp from failing

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts
you can try it because after impedance rise from your enclosure you are probably getting above 2 ohms @ the amp.

Make sure you have the gain allll the way down when u try and hope nothing goes oof

1 - 3 of 3 Posts