Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a powerbass xa-1500d for $125 today, got it home and installed and it sounds like there's a scratchy noise from both subs. If i adjust the gain just right the noise goes away, any suggestions??

also, got my hands on a hifonics colossus vi, there are 2 "diagnostic LED's" on the input end but i haven't seen them light up when the amp is on, are there any light indications that show when the power is on for this model?? thanks

·
The One U Love 2 Hate
2,945 Posts
bought a powerbass xa-1500d for $125 today, got it home and installed and it sounds like there's a scratchy noise from both subs. If i adjust the gain just right the noise goes away, any suggestions??

also, got my hands on a hifonics colossus vi, there are 2 "diagnostic LED's" on the input end but i haven't seen them light up when the amp is on, are there any light indications that show when the power is on for this model?? thanks
Coil not centered, coil delamination, suspension worn or sagging to one side, issue with amp gain pot..... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coil not centered, coil delamination, suspension worn or sagging to one side, issue with amp gain pot..... :dontknow:
only possibility is the amp gain pot but what is a good way to clean it? QD Electronic cleaner from advance??

·
The One U Love 2 Hate
2,945 Posts
only possibility is the amp gain pot but what is a good way to clean it? QD Electronic cleaner from advance??
Your best bet is to desolder it from the board and get a replacement.

Cleaning it usually costs more and may not do the job the first time.

I personally would not use QD, it's a little too strong IMO.

You would need to desolder it from the board to do it properly so may as well just replace it..

Deoxit is pretty popular, you need to clean it then lubricate it, chemicals cost about $15, pot will cost less....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts