Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a question i have two dc 12" subs in a ported box in my cobalt facing into the cabin.

now its no brainer that i can tell a difference from seats down and seats up.

my question is i noticed some people sealed off the area around the box just wondering what i would use to do this???

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that stuff would work but i have like 5 inch gaps on each side and like 2 inch gaps top and bottom...

would a pic help?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
A pic would help... great stuff is a PITA to get out from what I understand. Mind if I ask why you went with forward-firing instead of loading off of the trunk lid?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok ill snap a pic in alittle here...im helping work on the electric in my house haha...but anyway i had them in faceing the back of the car and they didn't sound as good as facing into the cabin
i figured it was cuz i have my port between my subs but it was just based on cuz it was louder and shook the car more haha

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ew great stuff no, just take 1/2" mdf and make a front baffle for the box that extends to the edges of the trunk then you will have your subs flush mounted, use sound deadener to seal off. I don't know where all the pictures are of some of the old installs I did, but if I can dig them up Ill post.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well those installs are clean i might go with that idea i like it alot im gona do it even if sealing it off matters haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts