Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a side post battery in my engine bay. And if i wanted to run dual 1/0 to the back what are my options? I see alot of terminal blocks that accept 1/0 but they are all top post. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I cut the rubber off the factory terminals, shrink wrapped them, and then bolted all my other ring terminals on. You could also get some aluminum or copper and make buss bars, or like Ryan said, have Toolmake make you some

·
Premium Member
9,929 Posts
Not the best pic, but you can see what I did with a top post batt laid on it's side in my Ack:

Those would be Toolmaker special parts right there.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
ive never thought of turning it onto its side. might be tight on space for some
only lay it on its side if it is a AGM battery, otherwise you wil have huge corrosion issues and you battery will die.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Cheap way is just to get the threaded side post adapters at your local automotive store. Threaded on both ends. Easy piece of cake. get the ones made of brass. And you can use your factory connections without any cutting or modding.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Options

Cheap way is just to get the threaded side post adapters at your local automotive store. Threaded on both ends. Easy piece of cake. get the ones made of brass. And you can use your factory connections without any cutting or modding.
^^This is what I did^^ You can put a couple of terms on the threaded end closest to the battery and a couple on the opposite end.

You can also buy bolt that's a bit longer than your current post and it will give you a little extra space needed to add the additional terminals.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a big thumbscrew for my 1 run of 1/0. Works alright. When we pick up those batts, I'm going to need to do my big 3 with the 1/0 I have left over :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Get some 3/8 threaded rod and make studs the length that you need. this is what I have done for years.

·
3/17/2011 RIP
22,939 Posts
I got a battery with top and side posts. Ran the trucks factory wires on the side post like factory and ran my big 3/rear runs off the top posts.

And everything else I own has top posts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts