Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
smallest fuse for aq2200 for use in meca

i have two aq2200 straped at 2 ohms . im going to be competing in meca and since the go by fuses for the class whats the smallest fuse i can get away with using ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also do they count fuses between front and back batts or just batts to amp

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any body know, im about to order my fuses and realy need to know

·
Registered
428 Posts
They only count the fuse or fuses closest to the amp. What class will you be running? This really is a system dependent question. You could burp it on a single 5 amp agu or it might take a 200a anl. Really depends on your setup and what class your running.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is my first time competing so i dont know what class i will be in. my subs are 2 aq hdc3 15s

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
5 seconds is WAY too long.

a good 1.5 seconds is PLENTY of time.

I could pull my same score off unlimited fusing vs comp fusing in that short of time.

4400w of potential power, i'd still do what he said, start with 80a.

You say you are running 2 15s with 4400w of power.

You could run in a pressure 2 class which allows 60A of fusing.
IF you go to a pressure 3 class, they gonna let you run up to 160A which is too much potential for power usage. You do not have enough amps to really be effective or make use of 160A. Now, if you had like 8,000w of power, that's different.
Typically, you can pass ~3-3.5kw through a 60A for 1.5seconds so an 80a for 4400 is around there...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so one 80 amp fuse for each of my power wires right

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
no 40 each amp right??

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i cant find any anl fuses below 60 and i cant find any mini anl holders that take 0 gauge any tips on were to get them

·
Registered
171 Posts
i was usinga 100amp fuse for a while with my aq 2200d at .5ohm, never popped. But i dont know what my box rise was, so the true power i was getting out of my amp is unknown

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
that's different.

We are referring to the capability of only running a fuse amount small enough to last only about 2 seconds.

The fuse sizing suggested in this thread would never hold up for daily at full tilt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i know that, im giving a rule of thumb, saying that if mine ran for an extended period of time on a 100amp fuse then you could get away with a much smaller size fuse if your only using it for "2 seconds"

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
i burp my aq 3500.1 on 2 80amp fuses no problem. might try getting some 50 amp ones soon. just have the buy the cheap crappy ones and they dont blow as quick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.