291 Posts
1. Product:

Rockford Fosgate Punch 40i DSM

2. Specs:

20w x 2 @ 4ohm
<0.05% THD @ 20-20khz

Very underrated :)

3. Description/Condition:

Old school Rockford Fosgate Punch 40i DSM amplifier. Great SQ, made in the U.S.A in the early 90's, and severely underrated. Both end caps are included, but two set screws for the speaker-out terminals are missing (easily replaced by a quick trip to Ace or Lowe's). Cosmetically, there are very few issues due to its coating. The stuff that looks like damage on the DSM endcap is actually adhesive (almost like gum) that I couldn't get off with a wet rag. Some goof off and a toothbrush will likely make it look near perfect. You can see in the pictures where there's actual cosmetic flaws in the finish. Gut pic included; has never been repaired to my knowledge, nor does it appear to have been. This, however, means that the warranty stickers are no longer intact. I tried to take them off after I broke the seal, but it's a PITA so I left them. No video yet, but I will try to get one up sometime soon.

4. Price: :

$65 + shipping

5. Pictures:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
-----------------------------------------------

This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Telephone number. Call the number back at a unspecified time and make sure that it is the person's correct phone number.

2) Name and address including postal code

3) Valid e-mail address. Send an e-mail requesting a response to information about the deal being made.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

If transaction was completed on CACO, please use iTrader to record feedback.

Potential buyers/seller should check iTrader feedback also before continuing transaction.

·
Banannas are bad for you,
303 Posts
I'll give you a $50 for it plus the shipping. I had one beck in 93 pushing a RF 15 in a true 100 watt system...... I can use this in my girls car

Steven

·
Banned
226 Posts
Great amps. Just sayin'.

I got two 200ix's, a 60 and a 100. These amps are little beasts. I swithed out my 200 in my car for a PB asa-800.2 and it doesn't even compare. Had to turn up bass boost.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great amps. Just sayin'.

I got two 200ix's, a 60 and a 100. These amps are little beasts. I swithed out my 200 in my car for a PB asa-800.2 and it doesn't even compare. Had to turn up bass boost.
Thanks! It definitely is a little beast.

No payment received yet, amp is still for sale.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
if it doesnt go through ill do 65 shipped. just lmk!

·
Banned
226 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but I just wanted to make my statement more clear. I was on my cell phone when I posted last and it only allows a certain amount of characters....

The PB ASA-800.2 is louder than my Punch 200ix, by far. It's more than twice the power. But the clarity and that low bass just aren't there. The 200ix does a better job of reproducing a smooth clean bass. It sounds more natural.

The bass boost on the ASA-800.2 is at 40Hz, which turning it up ~1/4 turn did help increase the low bass output, but it still is nowhere near as clean as the 200ix. Just louder.

GLWS. That amp deserves any owner who can appreciate what it does.

Another thing worth mentioning...
These amps don't have an internal supply regulator. If you give it 8 volts, it uses 8 volts. If you give it 20, it uses 20. That line of amps were back in the days of "cheater" amps. All the wattage ratings were given in RMS ratings at 11.6 volts @ .05% THD, IIRC. Very deceiving. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not trying to hijack, but I just wanted to make my statement more clear. I was on my cell phone when I posted last and it only allows a certain amount of characters....

The PB ASA-800.2 is louder than my Punch 200ix, by far. It's more than twice the power. But the clarity and that low bass just aren't there. The 200ix does a better job of reproducing a smooth clean bass. It sounds more natural.

The bass boost on the ASA-800.2 is at 40Hz, which turning it up ~1/4 turn did help increase the low bass output, but it still is nowhere near as clean as the 200ix. Just louder.

GLWS. That amp deserves any owner who can appreciate what it does.

Another thing worth mentioning...
These amps don't have an internal supply regulator. If you give it 8 volts, it uses 8 volts. If you give it 20, it uses 20. That line of amps were back in the days of "cheater" amps. All the wattage ratings were given in RMS ratings at 11.6 volts @ .05% THD, IIRC. Very deceiving. ;)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Bump!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.