Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Item(s) for Sale:

US Amps 500a

Item(s) Description/Condition:

For those who don't know this is the very very first line of amps made by US Amps (1991). They are class A beasts overbuilt like every other US Amps from that era. From what I've read these are considered the hardest to find of all us amps.

This one is about 8/10 on the cosmetics, but stll not too bad looking at all.

Underrated Specs:
2 x 250W @ 4 ohms (12V)
2 x 375W @ 4 ohms (14.4V)
2 x 400W @ 2 ohms (12V)
2 x 600W @ 2 ohms (14.4V)
1 x 800W @ 4 ohms bridged (12V)
1 x 1200W @ 4 ohms bridged (14.4V)

Damping Factor: 1000 (best cone control you'll ever find)
S/N Ratio: 100db

There's a few posts out there of 500a's doing a clean 1400w rms and up to 175amps of current draw. I'm sure if it has it's own battery back near where it's mounted it'll stay fed nicely.

Price:

Asking 300+ ship.....But i'm always open to reasonable cash offers.
NO TRADES

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Fedex Ground

Item Pictures:

Ref's: Years of selling on ca.com.... You're in good hands. Check out my iTrader feedback on ca.com and diyma:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=19832
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=29218

PM me with offers or with any questions.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
-----------------------------------------------

This message is automatically inserted in all classified threads.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Telephone number. Call the number back at a unspecified time and make sure that it is the person's correct phone number.

2) Name and address including postal code

3) Valid e-mail address. Send an e-mail requesting a response to information about the deal being made.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

If transaction was completed on CACO, please use iTrader to record feedback.

Potential buyers/seller should check iTrader feedback also before continuing transaction.

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
If this is the one I think it is its a long ass amp like 30" or so. It was one of the top power producers for its time. Seen two on two Hex Xtanats back in the day!

piece of history you have. Wish I could buy!

·
Registered
688 Posts
you might be thinking of one of the vlx's.....this 500a is only 20 inches long (still packs a punch though).

im reallllllllllllly tempted to keep it but with bills nedign to be paid i gotta let it go...but you're absolutely right, it's a piece of car audio history.

accepting reasonable offers

btw

ill put up more individual IMG links in a lil bit, i'm busy making shipping labels right now.
album link....go nuts
US Amps 500a Guts pictures by bassaddictj - Photobucket

here's a teaser

·
Registered
475 Posts
U should put this on ebay

·
Registered
688 Posts
i know it'll fetch more there but ebay is THAT much more of a pain in the ass with funds being held for 3 weeks, on top of exorbitant fee, and non paying winning biders. buy it now only's can avoid that but it's not the same as it used to be. i feel old to say i remember when ebay first started up....

i enjoy forum sales because they are quick, minimal fees, and i know hardcore nerds like us frequent these areas and will likely better appreciate what they are getting compared to the elamers....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A MESSAGE FROM iamsonic

Bumping threads is allowed once every 12 hours.

If you have something to add to your listing, edit an old post.

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
The report button looks like this
and is in the upper right corner of every thread.

use it to report sold items which need to be closed, thread titles which need to be changed, or any post which breaks the rules.

You do not need to post "sold" and bump a thread which has served it's purpose.
let it drift.
report it and we will take care of it.
If it's not taken care of in 24hours, please report it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.