Car Audio Classifieds! banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my current wall is 12 cu. net tuned to 37 hz. for 2 HDC318'S.

my power is 2 saz3500d's strapped, the subs right now cant take all the power without bogging, but i know it can.
my question is how much smaller should i make the enclosure to handle this power without losing to much bottom end, as i will also be using it for daily with a port reducer.

thank you

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
shrink in down to 10 and try that....if needed do 9cubes

·
Registered
721 Posts
if you have a meter, just start adding wood to make it smaller, once it stops helping you know you went too far.

·
Banned
117 Posts
typically for spl walls you want the absolute biggest box and port you can run, then shrink test shrink and find the best :)

im doing 2 18 tsns 18s in a 19.3 cube wall after all displacment and 505 sq in of port

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i do have a meter, i might go with 11 cubes with 20-30 sq. inches of port and go from there with the testing.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
If it's truly an "SPL" wall your wall is probably too small already. In the Dodge Omni we had two American Bass 18" HDs which I'm sure are somewhat similar to your woofers in 18 cubes. It did a 158+ with 7000 watts with minimal tuning.

·
LowBlowBro
2,140 Posts
Build big. Shrink down til it peaks out and then shrink port til it peaks out. Then do all the fancy stuff ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make the wall as big as possible, with a big enough port and the right tuning you should be able to peak pretty high which the subs will like. A higher tuning will be easier on the subs excursion. As others have said start big and shrink as necessary, remember to place the port as far to the drivers side as possible. The best placement of the subs are usually 1 above the other as this makes the distance about the same to the meter. Of course you can make a port reducer to change the tuning for daily beating. Hey DJ, I built and designed a few walls in the past with good results, but i only used boxes in my hatch because i don't have enough air space to get the best results for 2 15's, at least not for spl.
Aloha, don

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya DON, i really trust what you've already told before on HCA and will utilize that with what i also pick up from here. this way i have more options and different experiences to learn from. i really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me bradda, you have my utmost respect DON, mahalos.

anyways, for sub and port placement, would having both subs side by side on the bottom with port on top be good for SPL also? or subs pass. port driver is optimal? cuz i can fit the subs and port easier that way, but if im gonna be sacrficing numbers, i'll find a way to do it like you said.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its usually better to have it the way I suggested for spl, but nothing beats trial and error. In my experience subs on top ports on the bottom sounded best for music, but others might have a different result. Hope this helps.
Aloha, don,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.