Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have 2 digital designes m1b's and 1 DD9515h D2 and I strap the amps how do i connect the sub? and how many batteries would i need to run it daily ?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
id check with dd just to make sure but i know i strap mine by using the + of the master amp for your speakers + and the + of the slave amp as your speakers - and then run both -'s together. then just plug your rca's into the master and run the link cable from your master to your slave

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that didn't make sence to me so I'm going to rewrite it how i think you ment it and tell me if im correct please.

Your saying that i run the +speaker terminal of the master and the + speaker terminal of the slave to the sub then do the same to the neg. speaker terminal?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
no its just like i said it you take the + speaker output from your master amp and run it to the + input on your speaker then you take the + speaker output from your slave amp and run it to the - input on your speaker. you then just run a wire from 1 - speaker output on your master to the - output on your slave the -'s do not go to the sub at all. hope that makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
do u get what i mean now?

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea. I was really confused at first.

·
^ Mr. Creativity ^
6,033 Posts
may also want to consider that your sub id D2. meaning you will have to run at 1 ohm. and when you strap amps, the typical lowest recommended ohm load is 2ohm. so you'd be basically be running each amp at .5ohm. it can prolly be done without issue being they're DD amps, but just thought it should be said if you didnt know

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
may also want to consider that your sub id D2. meaning you will have to run at 1 ohm. and when you strap amps, the typical lowest recommended ohm load is 2ohm. so you'd be basically be running each amp at .5ohm. it can prolly be done without issue being they're DD amps, but just thought it should be said if you didnt know
Yea I know I'm working on what electrical I need to be able to run them like that daily without an issue. I was planning on a 320amp alt and 1 xs d3100. you think ill be ok with that

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
id do a second batt jus to be safe but that electrical should handle that i have my 2 cactuses strapped at 1 ohm daily with 2 2400's and a stock 160a alternator!! let us know results man those m1a are beasts!!!! i actually just picked up a 9515 in a trade today but its dual .7.

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
id do a second batt jus to be safe but that electrical should handle that i have my 2 cactuses strapped at 1 ohm daily with 2 2400's and a stock 160a alternator!! let us know results man those m1a are beasts!!!! i actually just picked up a 9515 in a trade today but its dual .7.
It should be quite a bit louder then it currently is . I have Pete from pwk designing a bigger and better box and I'm putting alot more power to it. I'm hoping for at least a 146 at the headrest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts