Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I finally got my system installed in my SQ5, and my sub sounds like it's finally giving up the ghost. Here's what I've got installed. Alpine X703D-Q5 head unit. Tru Tech S45 (Steel Series) running a set of Hertz MLK165.3 Mille Legend's, active set up. I have a Tru Tech S500 running my Boston Acoustic G310-44 sub. All this is processed through a DSP mini.

The problem is, my bass fades certain days, and will sometimes not work at all. Once it starts to fade, I have to crank the volume way up, then the bass comes back to normal for a while. This doesn't happen every day, but it's enough to annoy the crap out of me. My installer says he thinks the magnet may be sticking and the sub is on its way out.

I love the Boston sub, and I know it's old skool, but I have no idea what to replace it with. It's in a custom fiberglass box in the rear, it's sealed and is right at 1 Cu ft. or just under. My S500 is rated at 500 watts, but I've read that it's very underrated and usually clocks in at 750. Either way, I don't need a killer sub, but I'd like something that sounds good but won't be underpowered with my setup.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy

·
Registered
04’ camry (1) 12” CV Stroker Pro 1st gen on a CAB 22
1 Posts
Well Roy I know you liked Boston sub I did mine as well. I would go for a Alpine Type R its a proven reliable excellent sounding sub thats If you don’t have budget crunch. There is another one Is Alphasonik the venum series is beautiful and more budget friendly, if worse comes to worst you could always hit amazon and buy a skar hell if you have the specs on the boston compare specs with other 10s you will see online but honestly you really should always do your own research on your equipment because ultimately it is you that you are trying to make happy not everyone else but with that being said I gave you 2 solid recommendations for replacing the sub just check the numbers on the specs and if you need help hit me up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts