Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the loop for a few years, kids, started a business...etc. etc. ....I'm sure ya'll can relate...LOL. Currently I have a basic system with a JL w7, focal polyglass comps, infinity coaxials for fill but want to change it up a bit now. I like the w7's as they put out a fair amount of volume and stay accurate while doing it but the one I have doesnt seem to get as low as I'd like. (ported to 32 hz. in small box)
Subs I've ran in the past were Diamond TDX, Oz Power series (really liked these got really low and very accurate) w6's, Arc, XXX original version, Brahma and many others.
I'm lookin at 1-15 , 2-12's, 2-10's or 3-8's have 1800 rms at 2 ohms to run the subs...would prefer to run 1 big sub , 2 tens or the 8's but don't want to sacrifice accuracy, and depth. There are many new companies on the market and they all seem to have good products but who makes the best for the buck that are as accurate as w7's and get low ? Is there a 15 that is fast reacting and tight that will sound tight like 10's but keep that low big woofer output ? If I do go with 10's or 8's will they have that deep low big woofer feel or be obviously tight and accurate but with the low lows? Apprecite all your input....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nice....

wow...I guess being a new member to a particular forum get's you no input....was the sameway 15 years ago....funny how that works....just because someone is new here does not mean they are "newby's" in general! Some input would be appreciated...:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
sundown audio sa-8 v2s :nod:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sa 8's

How many do you suggest and box size? Do they play loooow like bigger woofers or are they typical small woofer sounding? I looked up a few you tube videos and they seem to move quite a bit of air.... seen some guys doing some good numbers with SQ set ups....suprising

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
wow...I guess being a new member to a particular forum get's you no input....was the sameway 15 years ago....funny how that works....just because someone is new here does not mean they are "newby's" in general! Some input would be appreciated...:dontknow:
dont get discouraged after one day,
bump it up with some other question's or options

theres plenty of guys here with knowledge, opinion's, preference's

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
How many do you suggest and box size? Do they play loooow like bigger woofers or are they typical small woofer sounding? I looked up a few you tube videos and they seem to move quite a bit of air.... seen some guys doing some good numbers with SQ set ups....suprising
They get tremendously low and loud, I have many people seriously surprised in these. I have a single with around 6-800rms tuned 31, in bout .75cu ft. People ask if I have 12s or a 15. They are extremely durable, I abuse mine every time I get in the car and it keeps cool.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've been out of the loop for a few years, kids, started a business...etc. etc. ....I'm sure ya'll can relate...LOL. Currently I have a basic system with a JL w7, focal polyglass comps, infinity coaxials for fill but want to change it up a bit now. I like the w7's as they put out a fair amount of volume and stay accurate while doing it but the one I have doesnt seem to get as low as I'd like. (ported to 32 hz. in small box)
Subs I've ran in the past were Diamond TDX, Oz Power series (really liked these got really low and very accurate) w6's, Arc, XXX original version, Brahma and many others.
I'm lookin at 1-15 , 2-12's, 2-10's or 3-8's have 1800 rms at 2 ohms to run the subs...would prefer to run 1 big sub , 2 tens or the 8's but don't want to sacrifice accuracy, and depth. There are many new companies on the market and they all seem to have good products but who makes the best for the buck that are as accurate as w7's and get low ? Is there a 15 that is fast reacting and tight that will sound tight like 10's but keep that low big woofer output ? If I do go with 10's or 8's will they have that deep low big woofer feel or be obviously tight and accurate but with the low lows? Apprecite all your input....
what size w7 and what size box is it in?

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
What's your budget? There's a lot of choices out there. I hear the z15 from sundown is a good sounding sub that gets loud. 2-sa10 or 2-10" dc level 3's would be dope. Like I said. It depends on the budget.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
a w7 will play low and pretty loud. i think u should re build your current box before getting new subs. what size sub do u have? what are your box specs now? and how much power do u have?

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Banned
225 Posts
agreed i loved the way my tc 3000s sounded,if you have no room to build a different box for your w7 id look into these....p.s w7s love bigger then spec boxes
Do u know why that is? The volume recommended for there ported box is actual a perfect size sealed box giving a qtc of .707 then they throw a port in it tuned just above what the f3 of the what sealed box would be.....:rofl:

If you want an enclosure to make that w7 shine hit me up.

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
Another "what's your favorite color" thread

lol... Lettin this one pass

my favorite color is blue. get blue.

·
6,645 Posts
um sundown is considered SQ on this forum? lol... find a LMS coil tc sounds or eclipse or audiopulse driver. slam it in a nice sealed box about.25ft^3 larger than recommended and stuff it somewhat heavily. prepare for ear sex! honestly from 10-15 you cant go wrong on the LMS coil subs

·
Banned
1,411 Posts
um sundown is considered SQ on this forum? lol... find a LMS coil tc sounds or eclipse or audiopulse driver. slam it in a nice sealed box about.25ft^3 larger than recommended and stuff it somewhat heavily. prepare for ear sex! honestly from 10-15 you cant go wrong on the LMS coil subs
Exactly! Never use the manufacturer's recommended enclosure specs.

lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for your input

SO the W7 is in a 1.75-ish ported box to 32-ish hertz, I got them in a trade/cash deal from a buddy in need because of an unexpected 3rd child.....LOL.....as for the JL's. Just never have been a fan of JL and the whole rich boy JL craze that goes with the "JL big head" thnking their woofers are a God send. (that being said) I couldn't pass up the deal so I took them. It's a single 12w7 ran off a 500/1....which seems under powered a bit....does sound good...reminds me of an Oz Power series but doesn't get near as low. I have space for a 32L x 16.5H x 18D box which is a bit over 4 cubes.... was conidering running both w7's but didn't want to deal with the repair of the other one.....have several old school amps, a couple Fujitsu Eclipse amps, Cadence A7, Alpine and a Phd2 I just bought from Spooney (great guy by the way).
Yeah I realize this is a comparison thread but we aint all kids/newb's asking about Walmart subs and Sony amps! I have a friend with an LMS sub in a big home theater and it's impressive for sure! Maybe I should just have Zealuscious sp? build me one....hmmm. Thanks for all your input, much appreciated!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Skar vvx get pretty low and have a low fs except the 8"
Mmmh... I wouldn't suggest Skar. You could even look into the Dayton Audio subs, or check out some ID Q's possibly. Ascendant Audio makes some loud ass stuff that sounds great also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
SO the W7 is in a 1.75-ish ported box to 32-ish hertz, I got them in a trade/cash deal from a buddy in need because of an unexpected 3rd child.....LOL.....as for the JL's. Just never have been a fan of JL and the whole rich boy JL craze that goes with the "JL big head" thnking their woofers are a God send. (that being said) I couldn't pass up the deal so I took them. It's a single 12w7 ran off a 500/1....which seems under powered a bit....does sound good...reminds me of an Oz Power series but doesn't get near as low. I have space for a 32L x 16.5H x 18D box which is a bit over 4 cubes.... was conidering running both w7's but didn't want to deal with the repair of the other one.....have several old school amps, a couple Fujitsu Eclipse amps, Cadence A7, Alpine and a Phd2 I just bought from Spooney (great guy by the way).
Yeah I realize this is a comparison thread but we aint all kids/newb's asking about Walmart subs and Sony amps! I have a friend with an LMS sub in a big home theater and it's impressive for sure! Maybe I should just have Zealuscious sp? build me one....hmmm. Thanks for all your input, much appreciated!
if u keep the jl500/1 build a new box that is 2.5cubic feet tuned to 32... that should get u more low end and be alittle louder imo. or if u keep the same box throw that cadence a7 on it. that should really make it shine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts