Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I play a song that doesn’t start out with much bass, take for example Kissland (The Weeknd), the beginning has some bass, but not enough to really go to the subs, mostly just mids. Then, further into the song, the lower bass frequencies appear on the song and seem to activate the subs and it sounds as if someone suddenly turned the gain up and I have to use the remote knob to lower the bass.

Sometimes, when I play a song with little bass and switch to a song with a lot of bass, it’s as if they suddenly turn on and the bass increases WAY more than it should.

I have an Lc7i from stock Gmc Yukon head unit to both amps via RCA (All preamp output knobs are turned all the way down). Skar 1500.1D powering two 12” Compvr’s Skar 75.4AB powering a pair of Kicker Coax for rear doors, and Kicker Component set for the front.

It’s annoying, unpredictable and I don’t want to be bumping to loud music, then have a pair of subs blown. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. https://omegle.onl/ vshare

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sudden Bass volume increase when playing certain songs

When I play a song that doesn’t start out with much bass, take for example Kissland (The Weeknd), the beginning has some bass, but not enough to really go to the subs, mostly just mids. Then, further into the song, the lower bass frequencies appear on the song and seem to activate the subs and it sounds as if someone suddenly turned the gain up and I have to use the remote knob to lower the bass.

Sometimes, when I play a song with little bass and switch to a song with a lot of bass, it’s as if they suddenly turn on and the bass increases WAY more than it should.

I have an Lc7i from stock Gmc Yukon head unit to both amps via RCA (All preamp output knobs are turned all the way down). Skar 1500.1D powering two 12” Compvr’s Skar 75.4AB powering a pair of Kicker Coax for rear doors, and Kicker Component set for the front.

It’s annoying, unpredictable and I don’t want to be bumping to loud music, then have a pair of subs blown. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. https://omegle.onl/[url]https://omegle.onl/[/URL] vshare

I need a little more info before I can help you, mainly how your head unit is connected to the LC7i (ie wiring diagram) because if I'm not mistaken your head unit only has front and rear speaker outputs and no sub ... Yes? :sad5::feedback:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on your description of situation, it sounds like your "trouble" is related to your subs and box. Am I correct that your box is either ported or 4th/6th order bandpass rather than sealed? If that is the case, your box is "tuned" to produce a certain frequency range from the ports, which may or may not directly compliment the frequency your subs are best suited for...Couple that with the x-over frequencies and cutoffs used on the amp level along with mismatched gains, you get a noticeable DB increase in a very narrow band range, that is disproportionately higher than the rest of the audio signal...

I.e., my subs like to operate primarily in the 30-50hz range, though installed in a tuned box to 22hz. As they combine the 2 frequency ranges together, I have a high knee curve in the audio signal that overly boosts both the 25hz and 35-40hz range signals well above the other signals of music produced and listened to. So in one situation, I have music that is barely touching the range my subs are to produce, so there is little "conflict" with the blending of the sound from ALL speakers, but if I change the music style (say to rap from classic rock), there are many bass notes produced that touch the very boosted part of the signal curve, while a lot of other notes that are close but not enough, get "lost" in the signal curve by comparison...This can be compensated for to a major degree by dropping the punchy part of the signal curve with eq, but only on the sub side, not at the pre-out stage unless you can actually separate the line signals you are modifying before they are amplified. IF you are using/have a multi-channel pre-amp/crossover, where you have separate connections from it to each amp and speaker combo, you have the option to drop the offending range (depending on your options), while keeping the rest of the signals in the overall curve to remain intact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like ezdollars said more info would help? Bose or non-Bose, how many channels connected to the Lc7i on input side. My SQ vehicle is an 07 Tahoe with a factory radio. The factory radio outputs clean line level signal from 20Hz to 20KHz that doesn’t need to be restored. The max voltage is low so I’m running a AC overdrive to boost signal to 4-5 volts.
if you grab a molested signal and try to unmolest it the results will be mediocre at best. You can’t un**** a pig.
Im running a similar gear and vehicle but running active to my fronts. Make sure you run an oversized electrical system if you want the Skar’s to stay alive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts