Car Audio Classifieds! banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
He's right, huge spike @ 50-55Hz and a pretty nasty F3 (anechoic) better have a nice EQ handy lol.
what eq would you reccomend to fix that peak?

what eq would you reccomend to fix that peak?

I run a PRS800 and it tames mine pretty well with 8dB out @ 50 and 2dB pulled @ 80 and add 4dB @ 20 but mines in 6.2 @ 30

A cheaper solution would be to design a different enclosure....
He's right, this sub has a pretty high ebp so a large low tuned vented would flatten it nicely, I'm moving mine into 6net @ 26.5Hz, gives a loss of almost 1/2dB at 50 but brings up the low end and will flatten out with no pull at 80 and hopefully only 4-6 pulled at 50.

in 3.12 @ 32 theres enclosure gain @ inductance spike so if it is sounding good the car must be absorbing 10dB of 50ish hz lol, f3 is 32 in that enclosure and slope is steeper than average for a daily driver.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
in 3.12 @ 32 theres enclosure gain @ inductance spike so if it is sounding good the car must be absorbing 10dB of 50ish hz lol, f3 is 32 in that enclosure and slope is steeper than average for a daily driver.
I was thinking about picking this up for my HU since it fits it. Would it help at all? Pioneer CD-MC20 Auto-EQ Microphone for 2010 Audio/Video - eBay (item 270704335585 end time Mar-11-11 13:53:13 PST)

Also what would be the smallest possible sealed box that would still sound decent without having to use as much eq?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Don't waste your time trying to tell him this. I already went there, and he can't comprehend it....
What would you recommend for the smallest box humanly possible? I'm sorry for being stubborn I'm only 15 no need to be mean I don't know everything...

What would you recommend for the smallest box humanly possible? I'm sorry for being stubborn I'm only 15 no need to be mean I don't know everything...

DUDE!!!! Build the biggest box you can! You amp does not do 2500rms, probably not even 1500 in your car so power handling wont be an issue.

I already schooled you in your old thread when you where talking about 15s sealed vs. 12s ported about this.

Just build a big freaking box, atleast 2.5 cubes per sub after displacement, and adequately stuff it.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
DUDE!!!! Build the biggest box you can! You amp does not do 2500rms, probably not even 1500 in your car so power handling wont be an issue.

I already schooled you in your old thread when you where talking about 15s sealed vs. 12s ported about this.

Just build a big freaking box, atleast 2.5 cubes per sub after displacement, and adequately stuff it.
:( Your making me want to rip out my back seats and just say eff it and do a 4th order wall lol And trust me my amp does around 2k with a 0.5 ohm reactive load its been tested and clamped by taylorfade and he had a worse electrical than mine. I plan on upgrading to a soundstream dtr1.3400d anyways. Since they would need that big of a box I guess I could just take my 15" top assemblies and sell them and then get david to build me a pair of 10" top assemblies and go ported. Would I get more output with a proper size ported box with 2 10's on that soundstream 3400?

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Apparently you think that both you and your buddy Thilo do......
Well he is the designer of the sub and owner of the company so I kinda figured he might know something about the subs... :dontknow: Not trying to say that you don't know what your talking about I'm just saying... Also I thought with these subs since they have a high motor force that smaller boxes would work well with them.. Guess not :/

Discussion starter · #35 ·
whats the size of the opening from trunk to cabin
36" wide and 17" high at its highest point but it tapers once you get past 27" wide starting from dead center. The opening of the trunk is 33" wide and 18" high and my maximum depth possible is 27".

Well he is the designer of the sub and owner of the company so I kinda figured he might know something about the subs... :dontknow: Not trying to say that you don't know what your talking about I'm just saying... Also I thought with these subs since they have a high motor force that smaller boxes would work well with them.. Guess not :/

Stop talking about Thilo lol.

I am not trying to rag on you man but why are you acting like 3 cubes is the biggest box you can fit in you trunk? Bust out the tape measure man and get creative. I bet you could get 8 cubes if you really work at it.

I wouldn't alter the sub either. If you cant make it work, just sell a sub, keep the amp you have and build a proper ported box for the remaining sub That is a lot of weight to be carting around in that little car, especially when I am forced to assume you're a novice at driving seeing as you can not possibly be licensed at the age of 15...

Once again, I am not trying to be a ****, you have just been flooding the forum lately with redundant content...

box is cheap to make, so try it and prove everyone wrong

i told u i thought 3-4cuft per 15 ported* was more appropriate, motor force is one of many factors to take into account

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Stop talking about Thilo lol.

I am not trying to rag on you man but why are you acting like 3 cubes is the biggest box you can fit in you trunk? Bust out the tape measure man and get creative. I bet you could get 8 cubes if you really work at it.

I wouldn't alter the sub either. If you cant make it work, just sell a sub, keep the amp you have and build a proper ported box for the remaining sub That is a lot of weight to be carting around in that little car, especially when I am forced to assume you're a novice at driving seeing as you can not possibly be licensed at the age of 15...

Once again, I am not trying to be a ****, you have just been flooding the forum lately with redundant content...
:sad5: Didn't know my posts where redundant..... Thanks for telling me I guess :/

Discussion starter · #39 ·
box is cheap to make, so try it and prove everyone wrong

i told u i thought 3-4cuft per 15 ported* was more appropriate, motor force is one of many factors to take into account
I may just do 1 15 in the car and 1 15 in the house....

Discussion starter · #40 ·
The whole reason I wanted sealed was to save space. If I didn't want to save space I would have planned to build a 7 cubic ft ported box and take up the whole da*n trunk with absolutely no room but thats kind of defeating the purpose of even having a cargo area.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.