Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
SPL Retard
12,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, "Pro-Rabbit" started this over on another "CA" forum and I thought it was awesome and wanted to see if anyone over here wanted to get in on this because I am totally going to do it.

We can start our own challenge over here and I wil personally get the plaques made up if Pro-Rabbit doesn't want it to be a multi-forum competiton.

Lemme know what you guys think...

Quoted from the "official" rules as per Pro-Rabbit...

The Offical $150 SPL Challenge w/rules
***Official Rules of THE $150 SPL CHALLENGE!!***

-All items must be new(with links to EVERY DAY pricing..I don't care if it is an ebay store or other sites) *
-Classes are Class A -Trunk, Class B- Hatch and SUV, and Class C- Truck (all classes will be a "basic stock" format)
-Must be ran on a 12-14 volt electrical
-Metering format TBD [Edited: 2/17/11]
-No limit on amount of subs or amps
-No limit on batteries or wire size(many will just be tossing this in and there is no need to run a stupid 8 or 4 gauge wire just for this)
-MUST be in the "cargo" area of a vehicle
-$150 limit to include purchase of sub(s) and amp(s). Other materials, taxes, shipping will not be included in the total price.
-Must be a video of the run, with proof in the video that the product purchased for $150 is what is producing the score.
-Season will run from Feb 1st to Nov 1st. I will personally give out plaques to those who are current record holders at the end of the season.
-All runs must use a TermLab to produce the score.

*-No internet specials of any kind. Must be daily prices from ebay or other sites with no discounts.

**-Outlaw as described per USACi rules.

***-Legal as described per DB Drag rules.

If pricing gets to be an issue, I will implement a similar rule used in racing for motors. If any other member wishes to purchase any other members sub(s) and amp(s) for $150(plus shipping) then it would have to be sold. Again, this will only be implemented if pricing becomes a issue.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What's funny is I was actually thinking of posting a challenge to see who could get the loudest scores on the cheapest equipment. I'd deff be into this.

·
Registered
664 Posts
what about old used equipment? think we'd just do a case-by-case basis and assess the value of the stuff?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
let's have the termlab AND spl-lab meter be used. :)

·
Winston Churchill > You
9,716 Posts
Pretty sure I'm gonna play around with this too. I iz broke till my tax returns comes in though. New house is kicking my ass lol.

·
Winston Churchill > You
9,716 Posts
I've got some ideas too but nothing ordered yet. I see alot of crappy companies getting some income from this lol.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
i'll take a stab at the trunk class one...

as far as old equipment laying around, i'd say its valued at whatever it can be purchased at today, if it can't someone else needs to value it.

·
Me > Lord Van
2,831 Posts
Old/used equipment will be valued at the "original" cost. I.E. if you buy a sub for $100 that normally cost $400, it will be valued at $400. It has to be something that EVERYONE can buy TODAY. Wouldn't be too fair if somebody got a good deal on a used sub when nobody else has that opportunity.

This is to eliminate people buying really good stuff for cheap and just killing everyone.

The idea is for everyone to use really crappy equipment and make it more about the build. :)

I'm definitely in as well, but it's gonna be more towards april for me.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts