Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GPI Respect The Movement
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was wanting to know what is the biggest amp i could run with 3 dekas 9A31 and a 270 amp alt from mechman ?. i know i am able to run a 3k amp BUT am i able to run a bigger amp off of this power and still stay around 14 volts

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
well, for peace of mind i am running a 260 amp iraggi alt, over 100 feet of 0 gauge wire, 3 deka ( 9a31'S ) intimidator's, 2 kicker kx2500.1 amps both running at 1.4 ohms, and 2 kicker kx650.4 amps

i never had any problems at all.. on full volume my voltage goes as low as 13.4 volts.

so i would say im running about 6-7k rms and have no real issuse besides a lil bit of voltage drop.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Depends on how efficient your amps are/ system is. It not as simple as your making it,

This ^^^ Also depends a lot on your listening habits. I suspect you could have 8K on tap depending on what kind of music you listened to and how long you played it at a time.

If you're playing a sine wave at .5 ohm for 30 seconds I'd say 4K

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
hell i have over 6000w with 2 kinetik 2400's and a stock 160a alt and it works fine for me but im not a daily beater i only play it maybe once a week cuz i usually got my kids with me!! just sayin you can run as much as you want just turn down the gains and set it right and you will be fine you can always add more batts or another alt. just cuz you got 10000w doesnt mean you have to use it all the time im prolly only using 4000 or less daily but use over 8000 for comps!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts