• RollerDJ for PREZ!

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Good going Spy

Votes: 0 0.0%
3261 - 3280 of 3289 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Someone was giving this away for free on FB. My wife let me know about it and said take it. Brought it home looked it over and not a single scratch, dent, nothing. Looks in dam good shape for being a 15 year old amp. Circa was 2001 or so. Best part is it's metal, aluminum heatsink and so is the mounting feet.

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300.2 2 ch amp 75x2 into 4 ohms, 150x2 into 2 ohms, 300 watts bridged into 4 ohms. Gonna test it out in a few days. She had said it sat on the shelf for 10 years untouched. Fuses look good, no rust anywhere so I can only say why it wouldn't power on. And I shook it gently, no little rattles so that's a good sign too.

That's a great freebie score, should clean up nicely; PG made a lot of great stuff.:thumbsup:

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,531 Posts
Someone was giving this away for free on FB. My wife let me know about it and said take it. Brought it home looked it over and not a single scratch, dent, nothing. Looks in dam good shape for being a 15 year old amp. Circa was 2001 or so. Best part is it's metal, aluminum heatsink and so is the mounting feet.

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300.2 2 ch amp 75x2 into 4 ohms, 150x2 into 2 ohms, 300 watts bridged into 4 ohms. Gonna test it out in a few days. She had said it sat on the shelf for 10 years untouched. Fuses look good, no rust anywhere so I can only say why it wouldn't power on. And I shook it gently, no little rattles so that's a good sign too.
Tested it out today...both channels work fine and the blue LED light comes on.

Reactions: B-Shot

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,531 Posts
Picked this up earlier today....

Attachments

·
SNOTFACE!
5,371 Posts
There are 2 M44's for sale on Diyma that I've been drooling over. Such good looking amps

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
i got it from my g/f, who's ex was a very good childhood friend of mine that shot himself 4 years back and left all his shit to the kids, and they have no interest in any of it, so it actually means a bit to me.

i have the eq215ix and pld-1 to go with it which may have been sold, had this not come up, so now the end goal ill be aiming for is to find another m44 and 2m50's or a large mps series.

had these sitting in my basement for a while, just got around to cleaning them up,.. granddaddy subs from before many were born.

Attachments

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,531 Posts
Man times have changed!!

I think my mids have bigger magnets than those on the o/s MTX!!

Nudels, what you think the value is on that M44? There's one on CL for 350. Condition is really good.

·
SNOTFACE!
5,371 Posts
Man times have changed!!

I think my mids have bigger magnets than those on the o/s MTX!!

Nudels, what you think the value is on that M44? There's one on CL for 350. Condition is really good.
lmao, from back when sensitivity and slew rate actually played a very heavy role in sound reproduction. 1000w total was considered a high power setup.:D

the one i have is prob in the 150-200 dollar neighborhood, possibly 250 to the right person once i fix it up with new parts and touch ups. few rusted gouges on the shroud, 2 missing terminal posts, and no countersunk screws on the top of the shroud (terry always tried pulling shit apart just to see what's inside since we were kids)

ive seen a few sold in the 400 dollar range lnib. imo 350 is really pushing it, though. theres a guy out here with a used one in great condition that hasnt moved in 6 mos because he wont budge off of $350.

btw, just found an m50 for 150 looking for the m44 ad, but i wont buy it though, simply because of this;

This amp is highly sought after for the sound quality it produces
im sure you and i can agree that when we see this in an ad, the seller knows nothing about it 9 times out of 10 other than what they google to gauge it's value.

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,531 Posts
New Polk Audio comps...finally needed some to replace my ancient CDT's I have in the Tahoe. 50 ft of Sky High 16 gauge speaker wire and a DC Audio t-shirt with a sticker. They even threw in a lanyard at no charge. Thanks DC!

Attachments

·
Hurtin' Feelins' errrday
12,531 Posts
Some sexy subs Jeff. Can't make out what the logo says on the dustcap.

·
Peel & Seal works!
7,087 Posts
Picked up my new '04 Durango limited. Now it's time to update the sound system. Not really doing a bass setup. Just freshening it up I guess you'd call it. Getting rid of the crappy stock 6 disc changer headunit for this single din bt unit that also has USB since I listen to a lot on USB sticks. Also bought 2 pairs of powerbass s6502 2 way 6.5" coax's for the doors and will be getting powerbass 2 ways for the dash. Kinda wanna see if a sundown sd-8 will fit in the factory sub enclosure.
I figure between the stereo and the stainless jba header,single chamber muffler equipped 5.7l hemi I should have all the music I need.:thumbsup:

Attachments

3261 - 3280 of 3289 Posts