Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing help with my trailblazer. Im going to be installing sound deadening and dont know what kind to get or how much. people that have deadened there trailblazers let me know.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Secon skin damplifier pro is what I'm getting for m trailblazer...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I used fat mat rattle trap. Haven't got to put my system in yet though. If you've got the money you can never go wrong with the second skin damplifier or damplifier pro.

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so second skin damp pro. So how much do I need?

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are you trying to cover, the entire vehicle?

I know I need to do the roof at the very least and maybe the doors. What would you recomend?

·
I <3 ( . )( . )'s
3,108 Posts
Obviously, people are going to go towards the entire vehicle. I personally lean towards trouble areas and go from there...in my case that is the roof and hatch

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Obviously, people are going to go towards the entire vehicle. I personally lean towards trouble areas and go from there...in my case that is the roof and hatch

how much would i need for the roof and hatch?

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At least a shop pack. I personally would do a double shop but thats a bit of money

you realy think i need a shop pack to do the roof and hatch.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
if your using this to compete.. matting the trailblazer will not help at all. i ddnt gain or lose anything. the only up side is that it stopped the roof from rattling at high volume.. i started from 1 layer to 3 on roof doors floor hatch and side fenders.. the only time i gained was expanding foam in the hatch and side fenders..

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if your using this to compete.. matting the trailblazer will not help at all. i ddnt gain or lose anything. the only up side is that it stopped the roof from rattling at high volume.. i started from 1 layer to 3 on roof doors floor hatch and side fenders.. the only time i gained was expanding foam in the hatch and side fenders..

I go to local events but its not serious. I mainly want to stop most of the rattling.

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I can get away with eliminating most of the rattle by just doing the roof I will.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
well most of the rattling i had was the hatch and roof.. try to spray some expanding foam in the roof braces let it dry and cut off the axcess then mat it..but the back hatch you will not stop the hatch handle from rattling.. but expanding foam on both sides of the hatch worked great for me just dont get to close to the center and foam in the back fenders behind the panels.. thats what worked best for me...

·
I <3 ( . )( . )'s
3,108 Posts
Rattling is what it's good for. I say a shop pack due to my power level and the amount of flex and rattle I have.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
the only rattling that helps on a trailblazer was the back window by not holding it down.. there are a few more tricks on gaining in a tb but in all my testing rattling was not good.. (besides the back window)

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rattling is what it's good for. I say a shop pack due to my power level and the amount of flex and rattle I have.

I have a single 9515 and 2 M1b's. I i just did 1 layer on the roof and 1 on the hatch could i get away with a bulk pack?

·
Ego Crusher
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts