Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to be building a box soon and i was wondering what the difference between tuning for a flat response as compared to tuning normally (if there even is one) also im adding a deep cycle batt to my system so i was wondering if i would need a float charger or not

·
http://www.betherave.com
2,125 Posts
i'm going to be building a box soon and i was wondering what the difference between tuning for a flat response as compared to tuning normally (if there even is one) also im adding a deep cycle batt to my system so i was wondering if i would need a float charger or not
No float charger, is it a secondary battery or is it replacing the OEM one?

A sealed box will give you the flattest response if that's what you're looking for

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
What subs will you be using? Tuning an enclosure for a flat response gives a much wider range of frequencies and IMO makes a nicer sounding system with a smoother roll off. As for sealed being the perfect enclosure for a flat response that is not always correct it varies from different sub T/s parameters as to what type of enclosure can give the flattest response (Otc 0.707 or as close as humanly possible). If you want PM decaf he can design you a box for what you are looking for. I wish I could design you one but if I did it would have to be for free and when I design enclosures I generally take my time to make sure that the customer gets the exact frequency response and sound that he is looking for. I just need to start saving up to become a CACO dealer so I can design enclosures on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts