Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 15" vfl and got offered a 15" xfl and i was wondering which 1 is better and y

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
The vfl is a bigger power handling woofer heavier magnet and so on
In order of price from high to low vfl hd xfl
Smart dude :D listen to him (since he's an AB dealer)

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
Yes the VFL is the top of the line competition sub. The HD is the next level down. I think the XFL is a more musical sub then the other two. But not worth an even up trade.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok guys thanks for the input i always get em confused and any box reccomendations for the vfl

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine is the vfl extreme does that make a difference

·
Registered
51 Posts
The VFL is built by SJA Industries and it is the same as an Atomic APX (or APXX) depending if it is the extreme or competition. Either way any VFL is U.S. made with better parts and can take a ton more abuse over the Chinese made HD or XFL. The HD and XFL are good subs BUT, they are built to have a good price over power handling and abuse. The VFL has a larger (better made) coil with much more motor force and much stiffer suspension. The XFL has a Chinese coil, a motor with less motor force and Chinese spiders that will not handle as much power.

·
Errday I'm Hustlin'
1,785 Posts
If its like my VFLs its an Atomic 818 motor

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jus to clarify it is th extreme so what diff does that make if any

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
wowo American bass has 2 vfl model subwoofers the V1 and V2. The V1 is rated at 750rms the V2 is ??????rms (aka the 818 motor). as for American bass line up of woofers it is as follows by rms SL,DX,XO,SQ,XD,TNT,VFLV1,XFL,HD,VFLV2,Full Custom!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
To the OP, If its the VFL comp with the 818 motor it will smoke the XFL, The 818 motor is worth almost as much as the whole xfl! If its the V1 vfl then it would be alittle upgrade to go with the XFL. Do not get me wrong the XFL subs are a under rated beast but not in comparison to the true VFL!

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
getting ready to post a pic so u guys can help me out

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
I thought the extreme was the 818 motor.

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
Looks like the 818

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so i should hold on to it lol and it has the lil holes in the bottom jus like atomics do

·
Ja Marcus
6,975 Posts
If it has the holes in the back plate around the pole vent then I'm pretty sure thats the same as the 818 motor.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
putting up 1 more pic

1 - 20 of 53 Posts