Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 18'' sub

Votes: 8 23.5%
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(title of thread not ment to be taken wrong)

Alright im just curious what size sub do you guys perfer?

10, 12, 15 or 18?

·
Idk what Im talking about
8,346 Posts
18s because men like myself use them ;) (and the lower fs etc) but I may change things up to little 15's :( we shall see tho

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vote for it Vote for it vote for it!! state your opinion of why you choose it too if you want too

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've only used tens and twelves so far. Love the twelves. I am going big this build and doing two 18's so we shall see. It wont let me post in the poll though

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only used tens and twelves so far. Love the twelves. I am going big this build and doing two 18's so we shall see. It wont let me post in the poll though
Weird

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BUT .. my opinion is ... well i geuss uneducated ... because ive never owned a 18" or a 10"
Say it anyways i dont think too many people will give you too much shit for it haha

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
If you don't mind....

I prefer a subwoofer which gives a smooth response from 30 to 60hz. That is mostly dependent on the enclosure. The size of the speaker has nothing to do with it.

I'm not trying to knock your question or make your decision harder but usually the determining factors are the space which you have to give, the money you have to spend and the power which you can deliver to the speaker.

Then beyond that, the final tuning determines if your setup will sound awesome or sound like ass.

I've heard 15s that sounded better than 10s, 10s that sounded better than 21, and 12s that sounded better than all of them.
BUT THAT DOESN"T MEAN 12s are better... I have 18s I would never part with :D

I once had four 6.5s running in a diamond enclosure which without seeing it, one kid swore was 18s.. and they were my midbass but I was broke when my sub died and I needed bass so I made a top-hat and mounted them in place of my 12.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
already fricking voted! and 15s get my vote. love my 4 but the gfs 10s get pretty nasty.

·
Making it rain with 1's
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you don't mind....

I prefer a subwoofer which gives a smooth response from 30 to 60hz. That is mostly dependent on the enclosure. The size of the speaker has nothing to do with it.

I'm not trying to knock your question or make your decision harder but usually the determining factors are the space which you have to give, the money you have to spend and the power which you can deliver to the speaker.

Then beyond that, the final tuning determines if your setup will sound awesome or sound like ass.

I've heard 15s that sounded better than 10s, 10s that sounded better than 21, and 12s that sounded better than all of them.

I once had four 6.5s running in a diamond enclosure which without seeing it, one kid swore was 18s.. and they were my midbass but I was broke when my sub died and I needed bass so I made a top-hat and mounted them in place of my 12.
Yeah i wasnt aiming for sound from the subs and what not i was just seeing what size subs people like the most. If they have something for a 15 inch sub then so be it. if they like 10 inch subs for some reason then alright i understand.

·
Administrator
31,258 Posts
Yeah i wasnt aiming for sound from the subs and what not i was just seeing what size subs people like the most. If they have something for a 15 inch sub then so be it. if they like 10 inch subs for some reason then alright i understand.
ohh..

then I guess I have to vote 18s since I currently own eleven of them.:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts