Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i have an 1800 watt mono class d kenwood amp(mite be burned out but idk) and its 900 watts rms x1 at 2ohms and is not 1 ohm stable now if i either want 1 kicker 15 l7 or 2 12 kicker cvrs(if i get the cvrs ill keep the bass boost low so dont worry lol) but if i get the l7 should i get dual 2ohm or dual 4 ohm and how should i wire it to ensure its getting the full 1800 watts from the amp??and if i get the cvrs 2 or 4 ohm and how should i wire it?my issue is i had 2 kicker cvr 15 dual 2ohms and they clipped really bad now matter how they were wired so i sold them and when i had the system low sometimes they would hit great and sometimes they wouldnt hit at all.i reallllly appreiciate all help.you can email me at [email protected] just dont message me on here cause i dont get on forums to much.:club:

·
Ballin
17,858 Posts
gah spread that out

and cookie said it perfectly

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
first off kenwood amps are crap
you probably wont even get 900w out if it.

if i were you i would get 2 Dual 2 ohm kicker 12" cvrs
more cone area
Want to prove to me the kenwood he's talking about is over rated?

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
ok heres the deal i have an 1800 watt mono class d kenwood amp(mite be burned out but idk) and its 900 watts rms x1 at 2ohms and is not 1 ohm stable now if i either want 1 kicker 15 l7 or 2 12 kicker cvrs(if i get the cvrs ill keep the bass boost low so dont worry lol) but if i get the l7 should i get dual 2ohm or dual 4 ohm and how should i wire it to ensure its getting the full 1800 watts from the amp??and if i get the cvrs 2 or 4 ohm and how should i wire it?my issue is i had 2 kicker cvr 15 dual 2ohms and they clipped really bad now matter how they were wired so i sold them and when i had the system low sometimes they would hit great and sometimes they wouldnt hit at all.i reallllly appreiciate all help.you can email me at [email protected] just dont message me on here cause i dont get on forums to much.:club:
Do not use bass boost at all regardless of what sub(s) you're running. You cannot wire two dual 4 ohm subs to 2 ohms, and you need 2 dual 2's, or 2 single 4's which Kicker does not have in the current lineup.

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
gah spread that out

and cookie said it perfectly
Could you come up with your own thoughts please? I know you're smarter than this.

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
what is the fuse size on the kenwood amp?

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
first off kenwood amps are crap
you probably wont even get 900w out if it.

if i were you i would get 2 Dual 2 ohm kicker 12" cvrs
more cone area
apperantly you've never owned any upper model kenwood amps.
please dont speak on what you dont know.

op i would get two cvr's w/d2 coils if they infact sell them like that. i wouldnt know havent looked into cvrs in a while

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
some kenwoods are overrated. the only way to tell is by this formula, 1 amp of fuse = 10 watts. if it is a true 900 watt amp it will have 90A of fusing.

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
Id go with the L7s.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
max current draw of 60amps

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
I think there's too many factors to say that fuse rating is the tell all. Efficiency for one, and like my old rubi 1002, only has 80 amps of fusing but pumps out shitloads of power.

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
you could get power out of the amp. i never had any problems out of the kenwoods that i had.

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
I wonder if OP is ever even gonna read this thread, lol.

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
I think there's too many factors to say that fuse rating is the tell all. Efficiency for one, and like my old rubi 1002, only has 80 amps of fusing but pumps out shitloads of power.
i agree, internal caps add power to the amp but only for a quick sec. but it takes power to make power. Even if the amp was 100% effiecient 14.4V x 60A = 864 Watts

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
but again fuses do not go out as soon as they hit their limit. so 60A(125%) = 75A * 14.4V = 1080 Watts but again at 100%

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
All really depends on the design of the amp, and what it does with higher voltage etc.

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
but again fuses do not go out as soon as they hit their limit. so 60A(125%) = 75A * 14.4V = 1080 Watts but again at 100%
Def a valid point.

Although an amp my have a fuse of 30 amps, the actual draw could be much higher than that.

·
Brandon W.
1,648 Posts
most cars dont do over 14.4V though. but its a good amp, if you are using it for a daily beater id stick with it until you need more power.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts