Car Audio Classifieds! banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 grand prix 4 door right now and people keep talking them down. I almost always hear good luck getting over a 148 out of one. I haven't done over a 145, but i'm trying on a single sub setup and that was only during testing I've got that. Is there something wrong with the car? Getting the rez frequency was really weird. It ended up being between 47-50hz. So we tuned a box to 45 and called it good.

Never really learned how to do the figuring after I know the rez freq, but I winged it a little and have done fine so far.

Does anyone have any tricks to making a grand prix loud? I'm doing an alt, batteries, dynamat and a few runs of wire, but I just want some opinions and ideas on things to try. I have a 6th order box in the works as soon as the car is put back together I will try it out.

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
ehh my loudest grand prix setups were subs back port to driverside with the port about 5" away from the wall. not huge scores but did better than everything else we tested

·
7,335 Posts
2 type rs on 1 channel of the ap3k did a 42? better than the 38s it did facing the back.

·
7,335 Posts
i know its not a 148 but its a substancial gain.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna super layer the car with sound deadener(like 200sq feet), do 2 BIG batteries in the back(a medium one up front), a 220amp alt(to charge them), and try my 6th order box or a crazy aero port box.

Just burp the hell out of it and see what I can do.

·
7,335 Posts
I'm gonna super layer the car with sound deadener(like 200sq feet), do 2 BIG batteries in the back(a medium one up front), a 220amp alt(to charge them), and try my 6th order box or a crazy aero port box.

Just burp the hell out of it and see what I can do.
this shall be epic!:nod:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
i have a grand am. i know its not the same but theres alot of places i had to deaden hardcore. Just gonna have to deaden it up and start building up some boxes til you find the right one. last i heard in a grand prix it was loud to the ear and carried but i dont think it'll meter as high.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and im gonna try doing it with a DC LVL 5 SPL 10...but idk the amp yet. something around 3-4k most likely. I'll see how it sounds. I have some of the stuff already(alt, sub, and wire). I work at O'Reilly's so I'm gonna get a 2 AGM batteries from there since we sell relabeled dekka batteries.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn a GP might be my next car lol. Hope it's good. About the res freq i believe you want to also pay attention to your subwoofers fs aswell. You can try tunning a lil close to it. It is a guess though to see what happens to be more efficient.

I have a LVL 5 SPL 10. no specs on it really.

·
7,335 Posts
for a burp that spl should handle lots more than that 4k might wanna look into maybe a 500.1 at .5? should see maybe 5 or so out of it.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for a burp that spl should handle lots more than that 4k might wanna look into maybe a 500.1 at .5? should see maybe 5 or so out of it.
Wish I had the money honestly. I have to finish building my motor still. The way it's looking is im gonna either run a crescendo 3kw or a sundown 3kw at .5ohm. Unless someone trades me straight up for my crescendo.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
The Crescendo is essentially the same as the sundown3k, at .5 you might see 4k before rise..but the cresendo CAN do .5 all day with electrical

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a cresendo 3kw. I have just ran it at 2ohm except for the time i tested it. I used 2 yellow tops and burped twice at .5ohm

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
do you have a HO alt?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, but when I tested that I didn't have it on the car. It's actually laying on the back counter of my work. Like I said earlier I haven't finished putting my engine together so it's not on yet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
and im gonna try doing it with a DC LVL 5 SPL 10...but idk the amp yet. something around 3-4k most likely. I'll see how it sounds. I have some of the stuff already(alt, sub, and wire). I work at O'Reilly's so I'm gonna get a 2 AGM batteries from there since we sell relabeled dekka batteries.
What are the name of the relabeled dekkas you sell? My uncle works at an O'Reilly's here and always gives me his discount when I buy stuff from him.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts