Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Racerkid15 here wondering a simple question that will help me out down the road.

I'm going to be running 4 15" Kicker CVRs for now untill I upgrade so either of these amps have more then enough power for the Kickers at least but I wanna know what each amps TRUE power is at 14v and are they reliable.

The 2 choices are.

AudioPipe3000d -3,100 watts rms @ 14v at 2 ohm if I remember right-
Autotek mm4000d -No info at all on this amp.

The APipe is going to cost me $300 and the Autotek I found one refurbished/new parts for $350 from my buddy.

Without much info on the Autotek though I'm sketchy of buying it.

Can anyone give me the true rms power of it at 14v and also let me know if it's a good amp or not cause I have seen quite a few of refurbished ones on the net and heard some bad things about them.

Give me some opinions.

Only reason I'm favoring the APipe is cause I know alot more about it and I've seen Bigpimpin91 run his @ 1 ohm with no problems that I know of. But I'm open to the Autotek if it is decent.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
the ap3k is 287 shipped on vminovations.com use coupon code BEMINE

·
NOT LOUDER THAN YOU :(
7,335 Posts
both will do true power on 14v. the autotek for that price is great.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes the Apipe more convincing. Any info on the Autotek though? I wanna make sure I make the right choice here.

I got a pm saying the Atek would do 5,000 rms at 15 volts as well.

are they pretty dependable though? all the refurbs got me worried is all.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
I almost bought a autotek mm4000.1 but you are right, there are a TON of refurbs which has me worried.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about to go do some work on the van I'll be back and hoping for more responses in a few hours thanks guys!

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
dont buy refurb autoteks, your asking for trouble....

The Ap will do the power you need, and will be cheaper brand new

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If go with the autotek if yu can get warenty.. ran mines at. .7 daily got over 4300 watts after rise. Never when into protect. But referbished its up to you to take that chance. ..

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Both good amps, I think I would go with the new AP though, for 287 shipped you can't beat it. And 3k RMS is more than enough for the subs you are going to run.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
dont buy refurb autoteks, your asking for trouble....

The Ap will do the power you need, and will be cheaper brand new
this

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked to my buddy today he said the exact same thing. Go with the APipe with the Autotek being an older amp etc and the APipe is cheaper and with the setup I'll be running I won't need that much power anyways.

Thanks guys :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A dependable amp that'll put out 3,100 rms @ 14v also @ 2 ohm for $300 shipped?

I could probably get more power or get a no name amp but I don't want to replace amps every few months at those prices :(

·
Banned
7,816 Posts
why does everyone push audipipe so much?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you guys serious about the Audiopipes and how good they are? I never heard that before, I usually see them in flea markets/ and pawn shops with Chinese brand subs and amps, so I never thought of them being a good brand at all. I highly doubt it would do its rated power.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Are you guys serious about the Audiopipes and how good they are? I never heard that before, I usually see them in flea markets/ and pawn shops with Chinese brand subs and amps, so I never thought of them being a good brand at all. I highly doubt it would do its rated power.
Dollar for dollar....watt for watt I would think it would be fine for a daily non competing car.There is A LOT of Audiopipe info on this site if you look around.I do not know if it does "rated" or not.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Well you doubted wrong they have been proven I don't know how many times to do rated power un clipped

·
Banned
7,816 Posts
Well you doubted wrong they have been proven I don't know how many times to do rated power un clipped
Show me.

Until I see them on a scope and a clamp, I wont be believing you or anyone else that pushes audio pipe.

·
Ladies love my pole
3,814 Posts
Show me.

Until I see them on a scope and a clamp, I wont be believing you or anyone else that pushes audio pipe.
x2

Those amps have super dirty power and are power hogs. I've messed with one before and absolutely hated it. I'd never buy audiopipe. The autotek amp is a million times better. I can't speak for the refurbs but a non refurb will walk all over the audiopipe.

·
Winston Churchill > You
9,716 Posts
Show me.

x3

I'm about ready to buy one and ship it to someone I trust(don't have time or the o-scope to do it right now) to see what they really do.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts