Car Audio Classifieds! banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in order for me to run my 4 channel in 4 channel mode i will have to use Y-splitters to split the RCAs because i do not want to buy another set of rca cables.

i currently only have on set of RCA cables running back to the amp and i dont want to run or buy another set.

Will running an amp in 4 channel mode sound any different than 2 channel mode? it does not matter if the RCAs going into the amp are from the front or rear outputs of the HU if all EQ settings are at 0 correct?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
well you will only be getting half the power! you can do it but it wont sound as good just get some y splitters they are like 3-6 bucks at radio shack or walmart or anywhere and it solves your issue!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
front and rear do matter but if you are doing splitters then it doesnt matter you wont be able to fade it anyways. you have to run a set from the front out to the front in and from the back out to the back in to worry about using the front and rear it should all be the same signal coming out!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well you will only be getting half the power! you can do it but it wont sound as good just get some y splitters they are like 3-6 bucks at radio shack or walmart or anywhere and it solves your issue!
if i did 4 channel each comp set was gonna be on each channel, but if i did 2 channels i was gonna bridge two of them.

front and rear do matter but if you are doing splitters then it doesnt matter you wont be able to fade it anyways. you have to run a set from the front out to the front in and from the back out to the back in to worry about using the front and rear it should all be the same signal coming out!!
i do not know what fade is. these are comps that im wiring up, im using the external crossover. so using y splitters would be the same as two sets of rcas?

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
Splitters will not give you more power. It just splits the input signal. You can run it in 2 channel input mode and still get plenty of power from the 4 channel. That's what the switch is for.

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
What amp is this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts